1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in at Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 2VegasNuts, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard the check-in lines at Flamingo are Crazy. I am staying there 3/22-3/24 on a comped room (Mini suite). How do I avoid all the crazy check in mess especially during March Madness. Are the kiosks the way? Where are they? How about a VIP check in room? Where is it? I will be arriving about 4pm on Friday 3/22. Tips, bribes, etc are all good.

Thanks!

2. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I answer for you is that if you are diamond and usually platinum level of total rewards there is a separate check in room just to the left of the check in desk.

3. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a dedicated line for Gold TR at the standard check in. It's just a simple sign that says gold check in. I have used it in the past and has probably saved me 20-30 minutes. Platinum and Diamond have their own separate check in.

4. Fraggle

Fraggle People Watcher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its actually super strange that the CET gold check-in line barely has anyone in it anytime I ever go.. the check-in lines are usually so bad that you can barely even find the gold check-in line, but when you do it has 2 people in it!! I guess the majority of people who stay at the flamingo are people who buy tour packages and such, so they are new to vegas?? or just don't know that they could just go and sign-up for a total rewards card that second they arrive and then skip the big line... lol!!!

5. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! That helps.

6. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Gold Check In/Out line isn't always available from my experience. It seems it's there during the day only. I was checking in around 11pm my last trip and it was for Diamond / Platinum only at that time.

Solo
  7. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Flamingo, Gold line seemed to be always there. Never more than 2 people in the line even when other line was crazy. The self serve kiosks were also open most times I went by the front desk.

8. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GOod to know about the gold line. We are checking in on a Fri after staying Wed/Thurs at Mirage...would love not to wait in line:beer:

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twice before I missed this Gold card line and then on my last stay used it...it works great.

As a gold level (low level) card holder you just don;t think this line is for you. And because the regular line is long you don;t want to stand in the Gold line and find out that it wasn't for you, to only have to go to the even longer (now) regular line.

10. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for all the feedback. I emailed a host at Caesars who got me VIP check-in. Yeah!

11. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sign for Total Reward member check in reads Gold on one side and Diamond/Platinum on the other. I believe the person who says it Gold during the day and Diamond at night is closest to correct.

I took 30 sec to be reissued a card and had keys in 5 min. Regular line was 50 peeps deep.

12. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up checking in at the Platinum/Diamond lounge. No waiting, just walked up and checked in. The Gold line at the time had 2 people waiting and the regular line had 20 people or so. Behind the check-in, the total rewards desk had no one in line. You may as well get a gold card first and save some time. I bet you could also just walk into the platinum/diamond lounge and act like you own the place and check in there. Especially if no one is there.

13. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definately good info here! We are getting there on a Sunday around 6ish so hopefully it won't be too crazy. I guess as a Vegas newbie when you see Gold status you think it's for a higher level person! At least that's what I would think, but now I know better! yay! We're going to a $20 tip upgrade, so we don't want to use the kiosk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.