1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stage Door & Ellis Island

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Bally's.

What is the walking distance between Stage Door and Ellis Island? (I'm 32 going with brother who is 28).

We are thinking of going to Stage Door for a drink and some of their cheap pub food and then heading over to Ellis Island - never been to either.

As I am not a VP player I think that there isn't that much that Stage Door has to offer beside the food and drink, so after that we want to check out Ellis.

Overambitious or very doable to enjoy them both in a 3 hour time span?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the stage door is cool but I would save the eating part for ellis island. Stagedoor basically has hot dogs and pizza. Ellis island has much better food and selections.

Go through ballys to the sports book. There is a big exit there. You will see the stage door across the street in front of you. Turn right and you will see ellis island.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its probably 5 minutes (10 max) to walk from one to the other. I haven't been inside stage door so I'll leave that to others.

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need an excuse to go to Stage Door as I have never been. So I want to try the food items there. I know that I am not going to be getting a great meal.

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food items are as stated: hot dogs and pizza. It is a convenience store with a small bar attached to it. A quarter pound hot dog and a bottle of Bud or Bud Light for $2.50 is what I had Tuesday evening. It's a huge locals hangout.

I went in there with nice jeans and a polo shirt and was wayyy over dressed for the place!

You can see Ellis Island from the parking lot. It's like 2 or 3 blocks away!

6. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are must do's for me every trip to Vegas. Its less than a 15 minute walk from the Strip. Better food at Ellis but Stage Door is just.......well, its awesome.

7. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a drink at Stage Door, just for the experience. It has an interesting vibe so is worth a very short visit. Walk about 6 minutes to Ellis Island and get some food that probably won't make you ill. I'm not saying that the stage door will, but personally would walk the short way to EI.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  8. jd2874

jd2874 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stage door is an awesome hole in the wall place! Great specials, friendly bar staff, and video poker. Their food is nothing to write home about, but their beer, liquor and shot specials make up for it. I will be there in 1 week for another visit.....can't wait.

9. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're staying at Bally's, you don't have to do both on the same day. Have lunch and a beer at the Stage Door. The next day have breakfast, lunch or dinner at Ellis Island. It's ten minutes max from Bally's.

10. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made the same trek, Strip to Stage Door for drinks and then to Ellis Island several times. Stage Door is wild because it has the feel of a dive bar just a short distance from Bellagio. I enjoy the place but would never eat there!

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Ellis Island still offer the $6.99 steak dinner and what are the details

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Ellis Island still offer one dollar blackjack from 10 AM till 2 PM during the week?

13. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

No it's $8.99 with a coupon. You get a slot card and slide it thru a kisok and get the coupon, just give it to them when you pay.

14. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It should be noted that the Stage Door hot dogs ($2.50 for a hotdog and beer) are, I believe, Nathan's Famous hot dogs. They are really very good, and a fraction of the cost that you'll pay across the street at Bally's. Each trip we have planned to only stop there once, and each time we have made at least one return visit.

I have not seen $1 blackjack at EI.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From pictures on other websites it seems like. it is/was offered Monday - Friday 10am-2pm

16. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there six weeks ago, including a Thursday and Friday. Saw no evidence of anything other than a $5 game. Pretty good rules (3/2 blackjack payout and surrender was an option). The tables are often empty, and the dealers deal fast, but they are friendly once you get past the intimidating exterior.

17. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ellis Island is fantastic. Best deal on the strip in terms of food and gambling. Even though it's technically not on the strip, it might as well be. Very close, and GREAT blackjack rules for $5 blackjack. Also fun craps. All the dealers I played with were fun and nice, very patient for a group of us 8 guys who were all beyond drunk. Drinks were pretty quick. Food was awesome.

18. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The e-mail that I got back from Ellis Island was that they have $5 BJ, not $1.

19. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is correct. Granted I was never there at like 7 am on a Tuesday or anything, but they ALWAYS had $5 blackjack even at 9pm on a Friday night.

20. Jimmyredcab

Jimmyredcab Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This You-Tube clip may interest you --------

[youtube]5MFoJ4bkb9o[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.