1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

four people in a taxi from airport or limo?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jonnyvegas, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:I know taxis can handle 4 people, but can the trunk fit 4 large suitcases? If not, can a super stretch from Presidential hold 8 people and 8 large suitcases?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never gone with that many people, but from what I have seen: if a larger group comes up in the taxi line, four or five people, the attendant will try to accommodate them by getting them a bigger taxi or a van - IE: the next spot in the queue might be #5 but when a large group shows up the attendant will look down and if they see that the third taxi in line is a van they'll tell the people to go to spot #7 and send the next people to spot #5 and the people after that to #6 so the people waiting in spot #7 get the van.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on where you are going and if you want to make a pit stop to grab booze and supplies on the way or just tour the strip for a little while then the limo may be logical since you get it for an hour.
    As for taxi, they will get you in a minivan or suv to take 4 people and luggage. If you are just going down to MGM, its gonna cost you like $12 plus tip vs around $65 plus tip for the limo. And realistically if you go anywhere on the strip the cab fare shouldn't be more than $25(and even that is a bit of a stretch). For the price the cab is cheaper, but if you don't mind dropping a few bucks you can ride in style and cruise around for a little bit before you hit the hotel. Depending on when you arrive, the taxi line might be long but you can usually just walk up to a limo and be off in no time, so sometimes it is worth dishing out a little cash for the finer things.
    For your other question, I highly doubt you are gonna fit 8 suitcases in a superstrech limo, that might even be tight in an SUV limo, but now you are talking even more money for the suv.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of the limo's have a regular size trunk. Might not be much better.

5. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have 4, they will try to get you a minivan taxi.. In the last few years the cabs have downsized in vegas.. I see lots of Ford Escapes and Chevy Malibu's as cabs. With 4 "large" suitcases, it may or may not fit. But then again, you'll still see some larger cabs like the old crown vics, dodge chargers, etc. A regular 6 seater stretch limo will accomodate your 4 and 4 suitcases fine. However with the super stretch, 8 and 8 is going to be a tight fit. We once had 7 of us in a super stretch and the limo had to drive with the trunk still open but secured as we couldnt fit everything in there with the trunk closing. Generally when I see 8+, they'll usually get the Hummer Limo's.. that's the way to go and it'll fit everything for sure!

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.

Or you could still take two cabs for less than the price of one limo, depending on where you're going.

7. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our last trip was a super stretch from Presidential. 8 of us fit but the trunk could not be closed with our luggage. He just corded it down and away we went.

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually take a sedan from the airport and the trunk fits two large suitcases and the carry ons, without much room for anything else. I don't think luggage for four would fit in a regular cab (even the ones that are the larger van types), but the easiest thing would be to call or email Presidential directly, explain your situation and ask them if they have a vehicle that would accommodate your party and how much the rate would be.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have that many people, as someone else posted they will put you at a spot to get a mini van. I've done this several times.

10. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call Presidential Limo and get Ted as the driver, 4 will fit nicely in a stretch.

11. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is a common scene evidently:

saw a stretch limo with a ridiculous trunk full of luggage last week in vegas. the trunk was tied down on top of the luggage, and it looked like one wrong pothole could have resulted in luggage on tropicana.

12. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all of the replies.
    A little more info. We are trying to take advantage of Presidential's roundtrip - airport special of $170. I spoke to a rep at Presidential. They said the trunk can hold 8 regular sized suitcases or will use straps to hold trunk closed.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.