1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Gutzy, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which rooms at Bally's have fridges? We would love to have a fridge in our room and are hoping to get one when we use the $20 at check in.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just tip and ask at check in. I tipped a $20 and the clerk ordered fridges in all three of our rooms.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good to hear! Capt. Ron - ddi you have to use much tact for that or did you just say, 'here's a $20, can I get a fridge in my room?'

So here is a piggy back question:

South Tower vs North Tower?

I am booked in the South. I realize that the North are recently renovated. However, I have never had a room with a view and from what I hear the South rooms offer a better chance at a good view.

Are we in our rooms much? No. it's my brother and I (age 32 & 28). But a nice view might be fun.

Pros and cons of South Tower vs North? (And I assume that if I go for an upgrade it would me me to the North?)

4. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

I can't say anything about the South Tower. Stayed in the North Tower and loved it room was clean and large. Basic restroom that served its purpose. Elavators were fast and clean. Had a nice view of the nearest hotels. So I can recommend the North Tower.

5. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the south Tower for the view. There is no or little view in the North tower, and isn't the view one of the reasons you are staying on the strip in the first place?

Both tower's decor are outdated. The south is a bit older and is now considered 'Retro'. The north is just outdated. lol

6. IDoLuvVegas

IDoLuvVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a South Tower room that faces the south (Paris), be aware that the nightclub at Paris will be playing in your room on Fri-Sat-Tues until 5:00 a.m.

7. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the view I had in a South Tower room at Bally's during my trip last April.

[​IMG]

xman30

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my move. I bust out the $20 and pair it with my license. I then say to the clerk, this is my ## whatever ## stay here, I always enjoy the upgrade I receive to the north tower jr. suite. Can you take care of that for me this trip? If I get a yes, as I hand the $20 I also ask for a fridge. One time they forgot and I simply called housekeeping and they wheeled one down in about 3 mins.

9. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always been a North tower individual.
    Most trips are solo trips for me or with the boys since 1986.
    If I have a girlfriend with me than I will make a best effort basis to secure strip view.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the north tower rooms that are facing north experience the same issue with the Paris nightclub noise?

11. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The North Tower rooms that face North on the strip towards Flamingo have a different kind of noise. You can faintly hear the monorail going by at times, but the loudest noise in my opinion, is from frequent emergency vehicles. There is a fire station not far away on Flamingo. Unless you are a strong sleeper, ear plugs are highly recommended.

12. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend the South Tower rooms on an upper floor facing Paris. Then do the sandwich to request a fridge. IMO, the North Tower rooms are not upgrade worthy (except for a Jr. suite) with the rooms basically the same except for the view, which i feel can be a lot better with the South. Also, the only noise i heard at Paris from the South Tower was nothing.

13. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed in the south towers but my mother has several times when we have travelled together. She complained incessantly about the air conditioning as there was only on/off and when it was on, it was loud. When she saw my renovated room, she hasn't stayed in the south tower since, lol. The vast majority of my views though have been of Bills parking lot. So I've seen a lot of the Ferris wheel thingy being built, lol.

So I guess it's what you prefer more, the views or a better room. I personally don't like where the elevators are for the south rooms. But, hey, that's just me

:beer::beer::beer:

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are the elevators for the south tower? Why don't you like their location?

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the jr. Suite rooms have any noise issues depending on those location?

16. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The elevators for the south tower are
    by the little sandwich shop to the right
    when you first walk in. Where the buffet
    used to be.

17. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed in a Jr. Suite.....only mentioned it because another poster suggested it when upgrading.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.