1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont East?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by josigirl, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josigirl

josigirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just discovered the website http://www.fremontstreetbars.com/ and I'm intrigued about Fremont East. Any comments? Is it worth venturing to and is it in safe walking distance of the canopy?

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is very much worth the visit and you are quite safe until El Cortez. However, everything that you want to see is between the canopy and El Cortez. I have posted about some fun pub crawls on Fremont East, just run a search.

3. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont East is well worth exploring. It's become one of my favorite spots on each trip and it's only getting better.

Fremontstreetbars.com is a very reliable source for checking out what's what in that area. I've found their reviews are always spot on (okay disclaimer, I wrote some of them).

As for safety, the later it gets the wilder the area. But as someone said earlier, stay west of the El Cortez on Fremont and you should be fine. Lots of cops and security roving about.

I love to hang out at Insert Coins, have a drink and play some arcade games. The Griffin is nice for a dark, classic atmosphere as well.

Enjoy! :beer:

4. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Favorites

Insert Coins, Griffin, and Downtown Cocktail room are my favorites.

5. crefan

crefan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the Beauty Bar still open? I've never been inside so I can't comment on it.

6. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been inside Beauty Bar yet, but it was open when I walked by a few days ago. Fremont East is well worth exploring, and prett safe down to 7th at least.

7. grover1974

grover1974 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't Tell Mama is a lot of fun. It's a piano bar where the bartenders or patrons sing. Dre has one of the best voices I have ever heard. She's amazing!

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on Don't Tell Mama and Dre. I was thinking of Dre when I named the entertainment section of my blog: "Vegas Has Talent." Here's a video I took the first time I saw her perform: http://youtu.be/q5IOwGGKeD8

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.