1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport Free Shuttles?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by edwood32, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwood32

edwood32 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello gang,
    goign to Vegas for the first time without a car..do you know of a free hotel shuttle that can take me from the airport to the Planet Hollywood?

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting from the airport and going two to three miles to your hotel is usually everyones first lesson that nothing is free in LV!!

Shuttles are cheapest, but can burn valuable vac time. You can be the first stop or the last. I was once on about an hour to get to Caesars. That was my last shuttle trip.

4. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrible's has a free shuttle as do the property adjacent to Ellis Island I believe is a Super 8. The South Point did or does.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only free airport to hotel shuttles that I know about are for off-strip properties. South Point, M Resort, and Green Valley Ranch come to mind.

No freebies to the strip though.

6. TheDirty

TheDirty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttles are an absolute beating.

Pay the 20 bucks for a cab ride, it's well worth it.

7. Netta

Netta Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with TheDirty cab it. But don't get tunneled!

You will definitely be upset that that cab ride of 4 miles was around 15 to 20 but hey its "Vegas". It will also be quicker than a shuttle.

Enjoy your first time
    :drunk:

8. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I forgot to mention the the Palace Station has a free shuttle to the airport.

9. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going alone (at least going alone from the airport to hotel) then the shuttle is a cheaper choice. Since price is a factor here this might be your cheapest route. When we took it the price was around $6 each way. Looks like they raised the average prices to $7 each way, or $13 round trip. Still not that bad.

However, just like with a lot of things in Vegas, it's a real gamble. My first trip to Vegas, my girlfriend and I shuttled and it was a breeze! We were the first stop off. It was great! ... Second trip ... we were pretty much the last stop. We were shocked at how long it took. The shuttle driver did this weird zig-zag route between the hotels. This was our last shuttle trip. You really don't get what you don't pay for.

Also to note, just like with all types of buses, the drivers are trained to drive at a slower, cautious speed. A bit too slow for our excitement levels of just arriving in Vegas.

We don't do the taxi thing... but if you are traveling with another person the cost of a taxi is pretty much the same as a shuttle plus a few more bucks. So for the around same price you get a direct trip to your hotel's lovely poerte co in no time.

So if $$$ is a factor (a lot of us do want to save up the $$$ for better things) then shuttle it. Hey, it might not be as bad. But if time starts to become more of a priority then consider a taxi or even a rental car.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ElCo also runs one to the airport and I believe with prearrangement, will also pick you up at McCarran.

Note: shuttle does not run 24 hrs per day

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add Suncoast to the list, although it's every other hour in each direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.