1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet at Fremont

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by txpeanut, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txpeanut

txpeanut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever tried the buffet at the Fremont- especially on seafood night?

I'd really appreciate any info, insights, etc

2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there last October. It was good, not great. Make sure you show your players card is it was something like 40% discount just showing your card.

Was a little surprised that there weren't more offerings on the main buffet, but we were there on a Saturday evening (Steak Night) and the line for the steak was a little long. The steak was pretty good and probably worth the wait (when taken into account the price of the buffet).

They also had fresh sushi. I had never had it before but a friend of mine walked me through it. Was no great shakes for me, but my friend made multiple trips.

Overall it was a good value. It is certainly not the Wynn or Bellagio buffet, but it filled me up at a reasonable price and - most of all - didn't make me sick!

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  3. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was the first buffet I ate at in Vegas on my very first trip. That was a few years ago but we did enjoy the breakfast buffet and ate there multiple x since we were staying downtown. Recall eating one evening meal and it was ok not great but ok. I would have no problem trying it again.

4. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eaten multiple times at downtown buffets.

MSS is consistently the best.
    Golden Nugget is good quality, fewer choices and over priced.
    Fremont is consisently number three.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had the champagne brunch and dinner buffet 4-5 times, but not specifically the seafood buffet. The selection isn't as large as MSS but the food tastes better.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I now stay downtown and only go for breakfast buffets that cook eggs and omlettes to order. I guess it's only MSS, Fremont and the Golden Nugget that do that. I have never had the buffet at the Nugget but I find the Fremont a good value. The eggs are perfect and it's fun to watch him do three orders simultaneous without skipping a beat.....a true art! There is a good assortment of fruit, fruit cocktail, breakfast cereals and meat and so on. It is clean, with plenty of variety at a good price. Main Street Station is a bit larger, with a bit more of a variety and displayed a bit more lavishly. The area is larger, brighter and more ornate. Eggs are perfect and it is a notch above Fremont overall for a couple of bucks more.

Fremont is handier for me but both are good. With the closing of Bay City Diner in Golden Gate I usually opt for an All American Breakfast at the Golden Grill at Gold Spike. I am a counter person and it is a good meal with good service and priced right. 24/7 Ham & Eggs is huge and very good....great toast too.

Jimbo338

7. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten in Fremont, Golden Nugget and Main Street buffet. While Main Street is truly the best of them, I am not wild about any one of them, personally. Golden Nugget is such a disappointment for the establishment. The options at Fremont didn't move me.

I would take a cafe downtown before any buffet downtown. Again, just my personal opinion. So far, I love Magnolias at Four QUeen, Cafe Cortez at El Cortez, Dupars (pancakes only--AMaZING!) at Golden Gate. I intend on trying out Golden grill at Gold Spike next trip.

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The 40% discount is only for using your player points to actually pay for your buffet (as it is with all B-Connected meal offerings) ... not for just showing your card.

When you just "show" your card, you will only get a small discount (approx. $2 to $4 off), and paying with cash or credit card (not player points).

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's only $1.00 off each buffet with the B Connected card. I thought it was more myself.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you get more or 2 for 1 with a coupon if there are any in the ACG or LVA anymore.

Jimbo338

11. AnAmericanTexanInVegas

AnAmericanTexanInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I were not at all impressed by the Fremont buffet.

It was cheap enough which was a good thing but there wasn't a big enough selection of food that looked edible.

Food was pretty bland.

The place was clean enough and the service was fine.

I'm hoping that maybe we just caught the place at a bad time because I've read many good reviews of the buffet.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably did.

Last trip we ate the buffet at MSS. The only really good hot food was the enchiladas. We tried about 8 kinds of pies, taking a bite or two of each one and moving on to the next. Didn't mean to be wasteful but the taste was just lacking and we hoped each next one would be better.

The next night we ate at Fremont. Smaller selection, true, but the flavor was much better, particularly the desserts.

13. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont has a really good buffet, especially if you compare price to what you get. Its not fancy, but everything is tasty.

This trip however, I'm going to give MSS a try!

14. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the MSS has a better selection which doesn't mean that you will like it better but it is bright, nicely displayed and more elegant looking. I was always happy with my meals there. Definitely worth a trial to see for yourself.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.