1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara F&B Credit Advice

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by anteatergoat, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! This is my first post on VMB!

I'd like some advice. I have Vdara booked (Exec. Corner Suite, looking forward to it :beer:) for a few nights on memorial day weekend with a $75 F&B credit as part of the deal I used. I called Vdara before booking and confirmed that, unlike previous deals they were running, the credit could not also be used at Aria :cry:
    I've read some good/decent things about the bar in their lobby, so I'm tempted to use the F&B credit on drinks with my 3 friends one of the nights.
    It seems to me that aside from the small cafe/shop downstairs, room service dining would be the only other option to use the credit on.

Do any of you guys have experience ordering room service at Vdara? How is the quality of the food? I'm assuming that I will have to pay some extra charges/tips in addition to my $75 credit towards the food ordered. I've never actually ordered room service before, so the idea of trying it for free/cheap is tempting, but I'd like to know if I will be using my credit wisely.

So, intangibles such as my room service virginity aside, would room service be worth it? Or should I just stick to the free drinks and go grab a bite at an actual restaurant?
    Thanks!

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally like to tip cash always with room service. In my experience I just simply feel better that he will appreciate it more then the tip line or whatever.

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room service is always fun, but I do not recommend doing it for just normal dinner.

You can do it for breakfast/brunch - great hangover cure, or do it as a late night post gambling munch session at 3:00 or 4:00 AM.

Definitely worth doing one of the above.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised they are limiting your credit to Vdara. That's a bummer.

Personally, I'd use the credit drinking at the bar or the spa. I've seen folks eating their bar food and it never looks very exciting. YMMV

5. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. I like the late night/hangover cure ideas. They seem to mesh well with the crowd I will be with. I'm sure we will decide on the fly how we will use the credit, so drinks at the bar will be the likeliest of scenarios, but thank you for the other ideas. I'll avoid the food at the bar since the only thing making me want to pull the trigger on room service is the convenience/novelty of it. I would much rather spend more and have a good dinner than fill up at the bar.

@Uli: I usually tip cash as well. I'll have some money with me for the tables, so I'll just make sure not to lose it all before the food comes = )

6. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most free fb credit can be used for room charges.

Im pretty sure you can go to any mgm property and charge back to your vdara room. and then use the FB credit when checking out.

fk

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes, yes.

Sometimes, NO. Check the fine print. Others have been surprised, and they ticked off at checkout.

8. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @nostresshere

Yeah, I've heard conflicting stories about that. In my original post I mentioned calling Vdara concierge and confirming that the credit I will receive cannot be used at Aria as well. I just assumed that meant any other MGM properties were off-limits as well. I should have been a little more thoughtful and double-confirmed it.

Regardless, I'm not looking to sour an otherwise potentially awesome trip by having an extra $75 in F&B on my bill because of small letters at the bottom of a web page. I'll stick to Vdara and play it safe.

9. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at vdara right now with the a 75 food and bev credit.

They gave me a card listing the places we could use the credit.

Locations include bar vdara, the vdara cafe, and room service.

Included aria locations are the buffet, lemongrass, cafe vettro, roasted bean, barmasa, Julian Serrano, and jean Georges steakhouse.

10. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. If they give me a card that's very explanatory as to where I can and cannot use the F&B, then I will definitely try some of Aria's restaurants. Thank you for this info! :nworthy:

I'll cross my fingers that the person I spoke with at Vdara mistakenly told me I could not use the F&B at Aria.

11. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at Vdara in September of last year with a $100 F&B credit I also got that little card at check in saying where I could use it and it included the same places at Aria.

When I stayed though I was talking to some other people and they said that at check in they didn't even mention they booked with the credit and they had to ask for it. Just make sure you have a printed thing saying you got the credit when booking just in case they don't have it.

Enjoy Vdara, I really ended up liking the place!

12. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Fish in Vdara is also included on the list.

13. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Fish is in Aria, not Vdara.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.