1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn and club noise

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by fire46149, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this has been covered before but wanted to ask again. We stayed at Wynn and had a corner panoramic room. We heard club noise at night and it was awful to sleep. I loved the strip view and really want a nice view this next trip but also don't want the noise. So what options do I have to enjoy the view but avoid the noise? We are thinking of the tower suites as the price difference per day when factoring no resort fee and breakfast really isn't that bad compared to the resort offer we have. How are the views here? I'd like strip views and don't want to get a room way on top either(wife doesn't like top floor rooms)

Thoughts???

Thanks!

2. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always stay on the Tower Suites side on at least the 20th floor or above and have never noticed the club noise. That said, we always get a golf course view, so I can't tell you if the strip side is noisier or not. I realize this doesn't fully answer your question, but at least you have one new data point.

3. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I complained loudly and tiredly about the exact same thing, they said "oh.. you want a quiet room".

So I guess ask for a quiet room and add your stipulations.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me when I stayed at the Wynn twice shortly after it opened in 2005. The first time, I was in a Tower Suite room with a fantastic Strip view, and not a peep from the club. I was excited to return a couple of months later - only this time, the room was not in the Tower Suite section and the Strip View was a nightmare on the evenings when the club was pumping - I could hear the bass rippling up and down the windows, vibrating loudly - it was unbelievable.

After complaining I was told that the club would be adjusting their soundproofing "shortly" which I didn't believe - it was a brand new hotel, so why didn't they take this into consideration in the initial construction? I seems I was right. Eight years later, and the problem is apparently still ongoing. I loved the Wynn, but after that experience I never went back.

That experience is the reason I now ALWAYS pack earplugs when I travel - they can be a real lifesaver in a situation like this. Yes, the tower suite is absolutely worth it if you are intent on staying at Wynn with a Strip view and want a guaranteed good night's sleep.

5. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sounds like the tower suite is the way to go and hopefully a strip view will still provide the quiteness along with the view :)

6. daere

daere Tourist

I just returned from a trip to the Encore. On previous trips, we'd had strip views on high floors (in the 50s, which is really the 40s), and had heard the bass from the clubs. On a high floor, it doesn't bother me so much, but this time I was determined to get some peace and quiet.

When we checked in, our room wasn't ready yet, but I did mention I wanted a mountain view. We went and had lunch, and when we returned to pick up our key and room assignment, they'd assigned us a strip view on the 11th floor. "No thanks," I said, "we asked for a room on the mountain side. We don't want to hear the nightclub". We were moved to a room on the 31st floor on the mountain side. (By the way, floor 31 is ideal as its the lowest floor in the top elevator bank).

I love electronic music, and I used to DJ in clubs and at raves. I still DJ for myself at home. But the clubs are the worst part of Wynncore. Walking through the Encore Esplanade (we call it the Hot Mess Hallway) at 1 AM on a Saturday is revolting. And Vegas in general has perverted the house music scene--it once was very democratic, the "stars" of the night were on the dance floor--and made it into a caste system.

7. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this, I was looking for real-life experiences with the noise And sounds like I better go with Mountain View versus strip view unfortunately. However would a tower suite strip view Highup give me the quietness I'm seeking?

8. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a corner panoramic room on the 59th floor NW end of the building. The loud music and bass especially was very loud all the way up there. The 59th floor is 2nd to the highest floor in the building. I like the south end of the strip better. Here was our view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are that concerned get a Wynn Tower Suite even numbered room. That will face the golf course and be at the far end from XS.

10. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is where we stayed as well, had the same view! I think we were around floor 30 or so. Its a great view, hard to pass up, but with the bass, I think we are going to have too

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tylenol PM's washed down with a beer work wonders.

12. wndrwmn71

wndrwmn71 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We should talk about music and DJ-ing someday. This sounds interesting.

13. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the $ is what moves Wynn, but its hard for me to imagine shelling out the kind of $ he wants for his high end rooms to only end up hearing bass bumping against your window until the morning. Screw that. Hardly 5* in my mind. I'd rather stay at Terribles. .... well, maybe not .

14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the same thing at the B now with Hyde. The fountain view rooms are loud as hell all night. They're all doing it. But I do think a golf course view at Wynn makes the most sense.

15. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Wynn 3-4 times over the past couple years, never had a problem. Always get a high floor, most times with golf course view, one time with the strip view overlooking Surrender night club. Luckily the time we had the strip view, it was winter and Surrender did not have the outdoor part of the club going.

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The golf course views at Wynn are funny. Beautiful when the sun is out but just a huge sea of darkness at night. I'm probably one of the few people who likes seeing nothing at night. At MGM I ask for views of the airport cuz I like looking at the planes in the day and nothing at night. Wynn golf course views are the absolute darkest and emptiest at night. Perfect for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.