1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to Australia in June!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by rdunc311, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Sydney in June and was wondering if anyone has been there or lives there and has suggestions on where to go and what to do. Also suggestions on hotels would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember in 95 on my ship the captain announced over the loud speaker we were going to go to Australia, everyone got really pumped then he announced we were going to Darwin. Everyone was like "where?"

Darwin was the Australian version of our Pearl Harbor. It was bombed relentlessly, just like Pearl. Although we didn't get to go to Sydney, Melbourne, or even Perth, we all still had a blast. Bar none some of the absolute friendliest people on the planet live in OZ. You will have a great time. I only have one piece of advice- do NOT go to a bar and order a Fosters. You will be laughed at. Get a Victoria Bitter or as they call it- a VB.

3. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man, I love Sydney! I studied abroad there in 2000 (during the Olympics) and went back in 2008. Can send you a PM with a bunch of suggestions that I've given to friends.

4. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be amazing! Thanks!

5. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Darwin -- well, Kakadu specifically! Have done a 3 day camping trip in Kakadu and a 9 day camping trip through the Kimberley starting at Darwin and ending at Broome. Gorgeous.

And I wholeheartedly recommend Little Creatures beer -- comes from Perth.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cascade Premium Lager ... aka Tazzy Tiger.

I'll send you some suggestions via pm. LOVE Sydney (shhh, don't tell our family in Melbourne)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.