1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does this sound right? Mlife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dawgfan11, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just got back from a trip a week and a half ago and put in more time than I usually do on any other trip but got the least amount of tier credits i've ever had. I usually put in time between Pai Gow and Roulette over a trip but went with a buddy who only plays blackjack games. He got hooked on BJ Switch and we put in 7 hours at Luxor and 3 at MGM over 3 days and betting between $20-50 per hand. When I got back and checked my mlife account i'm sitting at 6931 tier credits. Based on my play I was able to get about $80 of room charges credited at the end of our stay ( We stayed at MGM and TheHotel). Usually when I take a trip to vegas I hit about 30k tier credits playing video roulette and Paigow. Did I get about the right amount of TC's for the BJ Switch play?

Thanks!

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It may be right. How many ECs did you earn?

Someone once posted their stats with the actual theo and it worked out to 33 TCs per $1 theo for table games. Based on that you would have around $210 theo for 10 hours of play at BJ switch, which makes sense given the $80 in comps. That's $21/hour in theo which is probably accurate for playing between $20-$50 per hand. The house edge on BJ Switch is very low.

You used to play PGP and roulette, both have much higher house advantages and maybe you played them a little longer or heavier as well. If its right all it means is your expected loss was lower, which is a good thing. As long as you still had fun, be happy because it cost you a lot less (theoretically) :peace:

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about tier credits, but $80 comps sounds normal.

Rule of thumb for F&B comps based on play for table games (very debatable, I admit):

Average bet*Hours/4.

Example: $30/avg bet * 10 hours / 4 = $75 in comps​

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, they definitely shorted you in tier credits.

I play Blackjack Switch almost exclusively when I'm in Vegas, and I can get 1000 tier credits just for playing an hour at the Excalibur at $5/hand ($10 total).

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Are you sure you didn't have any hotel spend or any other play? Because your numbers completely fly in the face of everything anyone else has posted about their TC rate for table play....by a huge margin (about 3x-4x as much). Under your numbers a $50/hand ($100 total) player would be earning 10k TCs per hour or enough to reach platinum in just 20 hours of play.

6. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This doesnt seem right at all, I know people that play much bigger and get 1/2 as much. These are all players with hosts and many trips under their belt so I'd think they would know to play BJ at the EX just for tier credit purposes. Something doesn't seem right here.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my trip next month I'm going to play some very specific sessions in order to calculate points/credits etc.

For example, I'm going to play exactly an hour of blackjack at exactly $100 a hand, then see what I got for it. Because that's the kind of nerd that I am. I need to know how things work.

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check my tier balance on the MLife site constantly while in Vegas. No hotel spend is included in that number for sure, but my sessions can last for more than an hour I guess and I do get up to $10/15 a hand if doing well (but my last trip I hardly ever got up that high).

9. cykosis

cykosis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you only get player rewards/points if youre betting at least $25 a hand when playing BJ, anything less they dont even look at your play?

I typically stayed away from BJ for that reason.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, 1000 tier credits for an hour at $5 seems pretty high. Maybe some resort spend is getting mixed in there?

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No definitely not resort spend. I charge everything to my room and that all gets added on at the end of the trip once I've checked out. Like I said, I check my tier credits constantly while in Vegas, after every session.

12. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're overstating by a factor of 10.

If you take baccarat (H.A. 1.1%), 1 hour of $100 per hand is only :

Coin-in : $7200
    Theo : $79.2
    Tier Credits : 1,440 (assuming no tier bonus)
    Primary comp : $27.7
    Express comp : $4.0

At $100 a hand at low H.A. game, you need approx 100-110 hours to reach Platinum (26.7 days assuming the standard 4 hrs / day)

13. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you misread his post. He was purposefully overstating the numbers.

14. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure exactly how many EC's I earned only that I had comped about $80 worth of charges off the bill. I am completely happy with the amount of comps I got as I feel it was about right for my play. I was worried I didn't get the right amount of TC's as my usual trips i'm earning almost 4x as many TC's.

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds about right. they severely reduced the earning rate of TCs with their latest round of changes. I figure last trip I earned about 25-30% of what I used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.