1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

EXPIRED - 2 day weekend car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by my sullary, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EXPIRED possibly and some on other sites are reporting their reservation has been cancelled or that a "certificate" of some sort is required at the counter. If you booked under this code you should probably be sure to go with a back-up reservation as discussed earlier. The facts are unclear at this time so proceed with caution at least until renters this coming weekend can report back.

Seems too good to be true but I was able to reserve with no credit card info.
    Hope someone here can use this "freebie" as well.

AVIS "FREE" 2 day weekend car rental using code TUEA002 in most cities including Las Vegas for rental dates to 6/30/2013. You must pay tax/fees which amount to just $5.43 for my full size car at Bellagio. Airport tax/fees will be higher of course or if you book more than 2 days. Full pay rate would have been $164.

Coupon Code: TUEA002
    AVIS website is:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/avisHome/home.ac

When you see the higher (regular) quote, click on it and the next screen shows the discounted price. Credit card was not required to confirm reservation.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coupon - 2 Reward Weekend Days

Most people will not be able to take advantage of this deal.

3. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why is that? I arrive on a Saturday and reserved it for pickup at the airport and will return it in 48 hrs for a cost of $13.00 and pickup another car from another far rental company then at the best deal I can get for the rest of our stay.

The only question I have is where did you get the coupon cod from? I'm not worried but just asking. I'm a curious type fellow.:beer:

4. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to disagree with you about the rewards because so many are reporting
    making the reservations but there are no guarantees I guess. Having never rented from Avis, I do not have any "rewards" but I have my emailed confirmation which gives me some assurance this is legit.

If it tanks I lost nothing but if I don't give it a shot I gain nothing. If you are worried they could cancel it's worth making a back-up reservation since you don't have to pay up front and you can cancel as usual.

I did say it seems too good to be true but it seems I have nothing to lose so why not take advantage of the offer.

Your input is appreciated and further details will be welcome.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good gravy, it worked!

May 11 thru 13 for a TOTAL of $13.96. Thank you for listing this. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

But I am still keeping my other reservation through Advantage (for $42 complete), just in case. :whistle:

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  6. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Code is from another website that's reporting many positive results reserving cars with the code.

I am picking one up locally just for the fun of it in another week. May even opt for smaller car to save gas for the weekend long trips which could save more than the cost of the rental.

This is not just for las Vegas.

7. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't qualify for use of the code. It's for specific users in specific circumstances (reported online as certain Amex Platinum cardholders, but it's not clear which ones).

Source appears to be some random blog. That user said they found it online.

You can make all of the reservations you want. Prepay away even. The rubber hits the road when you go to check out. The odds that you will get a rental car for close to 0 are...well, close to zero :evillaugh

Agree with the suggestion of having a backup reservation, but if you know it's too good to be true, then you're really sticking it to Avis by making a reservation that you won't use.

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks! don't need a car but can be handy to have for my trip! got the $5 rate for two days while at the mirage may 11-13. will report back

9. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks---just changed 4 reservations and cut $ in half.

10. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why mine was not as cheap but I think they charged me for an extra night because I arrive midnight saturday. $38 apr20-22

Thanks!!

11. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pre-paid to and got additional discount----just a little more and they would be paying "me" to drive their car.

12. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, worked for me as well (Apr 19-21)

can anyone report upon returning the vehicle if they were charged additional $$$? anyone disallowed the use of the coupon code at the desk?

I'm really curious because I wasn't planning on renting a car, but for a couple of bucks I might use it for a drive off strip

13. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is anyone receiving this message.

14. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I got that message too. Too late to jump on this one. Oh Well.

15. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so what does this mean, those who used it online (before it was denied) in their quote will also need to present it?

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried this in Milwaukee to maybe a test drive a car for the weekend that I've been looking at. I got the following error message: "This coupon can not be applied to online reservations. Please present this coupon at the counter."

17. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked 4 reservations this am without a problem, but now I get the message "must present coupon at checkin".

18. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a big discussion going on about this Avis deal at Slickdeals.net

One of the posters said:

tuna629 ( 234 ) Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:23pm
    I just got a call from my local Avis, telling me that the coupon is only valid if I have a physical copy of the coupon, and that the coupon has been used "fraudulently" (by me). He told me that he will cancel the order. He was VERY rude and hung up right afterwards. Oh well.

Another said that a physical coupon must be presented at the counter, otherwise you will be charged FULL PRICE. These coupons must be something that is specifically sent to select customers. I don't think they are printable off the internet from what is being said:

treepuppy ( 19 ) Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:40pm
    Just called..
    they said that certificate must be presented in person, otherwise will be charged full price. Glad I held off on booking

Here is the thread if anyone is interested in reading more - I think it is better to know now, than get to the counter thinking you have a free reservation and get charged full price because you don't have a physical coupon in hand:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/92074/avis-rent-a-car-avis-two-day-weekend-car-rental?page=47#comments

19. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went out to cancel the reservation...and Avis says this, without even notifying me

"This Reservation has already been cancelled."

Tools. If you're going to auto cancel I'd at least notify people.

20. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere that on the coupon that has the code it says that the coupon needs to be presented at the time of reservation.

Party of me doesn't blame AVIS for cancelling without informing customers. Then again, it is not the customer's fault for using a coupon he or she thought was valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.