1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wife pulled my trigger - VEGAS - May 7th - 15th - The plan

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by daveg000, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife pulled my trigger - VEGAS - May 7th - 15th - The plan

It was a normal Thursday Morning, last week. I was sullenly reading the VegasMessageBoard, playing Myvegas, monitoring the stock Market, while listening to Msnbc and petting the dog in my lap.

My wife was in the next room TALKING on the phone at volume 7. (this is just short of screaming, she thought I was hard of hearing, so we had to go in and get our hearing checked - guess who had perfect hearing, and who was a canidate for hearing aids.) This is also the volume she uses in crowds when we are in public.

Anyway I was agreeing with one poster, that PLANNING the trip was half the fun, while feeling PITY for another that thought EVERY MINUTE had to be PLOTTED.

Reminded me of my triple AAA personality days, when I thought we had to see 3 shows in one night, stay out to 3am, and get up at 6am to hit it all over again. Wife hated Vegas in those days. NOW, we go eight days to do what most people would do in three days. (at least I tell my wife that.)

So my wife was bellowing on the phone to one of her friends about our trip to Disney World that we were going to take in June with the grandkids. Out of the blue I heard her say "I think Dave is planning a trip to Vegas before that." What? I had mentioned it and she had looked at me like a piece of excrement. Perhaps my impecable timing had been off?

Anyway, when she ended the conversation, I asked and she acted like I was a buffoon that I could have so misread her sweet nature and williness to hit Vegas. (Little did I know she had ulterior motives - a trip to Mississippi to place her mothers dog's ashes on her mother's grave. She told me AFTER I made the reservations, Can somebody tell me when Decoration day is so I don't end up there then?)

Anyway, it was time to look through my offers. TIME TO PLAN (half the fun!)

I had used the time share for the weekend, the trip in January, so I had to schedule the strip for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Schedule the time share for Sun., Mon., and Tues, leaving the first two days somewhere else.

First, the strip Hotel, everything else should be easy.

We stayed at the Bellagio in January, so I was thinking Mirage or Mandaly. Before January, we hadn't been to Vegas in 18 months, because of my Baby sitting job. so Mirage was only offerring 3 nights and Boyz to Men tickets - my wife wasn't interested.

Mandalay was 3 nights and $100 - I started thinking location and my wife's hips, so Bellagio, 3 nights, $150, and $50 in birthday money was my choice.

I did have a 3 Complimentary Nights with Upgrade to a Contemporary Room- $150 in FREEPLAY - $100 in M life Resort Credit- 2 Complimentary Take 2 Buffet Passes at Excalbur, but decided against it this time. I DID like the cheesiness, but am not quite sure my wife was ready for it.

We did play there some, when we ate at the Steak house and went to the Australian BeeGee show on My vegas last time we were there. The Steak house was excellent. The BeeGees were good. The hotel, a little cheesy.

I called Bellagio and asked for the 16th, 17th, 18th, and was told "no go, a big convention". No problem, give me the 9th, 10th and 11th - DONE

Next Get online and schedule timeshare, 12th, 13th, 14th, - 2 minutes later - DONE

Now I will have to schedule the 7th and 8th, I'm thinking downtown. We stayed at the Golden Nugget in the Rush tower one night on our last trip in January. We loved it, The Charthouse was great, my wife liked the spa, But we weren't feeling any love, just emails talking reduced rates. $5 off?

I looked at my Boyd offers to see if there was anything for MSS, - nothing. Oh well perhaps it was a little early for GN May offers, so I decided to wait.

Now I don't need rooms from My vegas, and I don't want to waste the rewards on cheap things, except the Balagio Buffet, since I love it and I am Staying there.

FRIDAY MORNING comes and I'm in front of my desktop computer, my trusty laptop at my side (it's always there, right next to my smartphone.) My vegas 3 for me, 3 for the wife.

Bellagio Buffet, DONE
    Camelot steakhouse, DONE
    Zumanity - DONE

Getting anthing else I wanted - SOLD OUT

Check my Email - nothing from Golden Nugget. Log on to their site, log onto Landry's site - can't hurt to prime the pump - nothing. Check Snail mail, nothing.

Make reservations for Zumanity, Monday May 15th, Front row a, seats 7&8. Decide to get Nine Fine Irishman $100 dinner comp for the show on Saturday.

Make Reservations at Southwest , PRICEY - arrive in Vegas at 9:15 AM leave 8 days later at 1:55PM.

SATURDAY MORNING comes and I'm in front of my desktop computer, my trusty laptop at my side (it's always there, right next to my smartphone.) My vegas 2 for me, 1 for the wife.

My goal: Nine Fine Irishman and Circus Circus Steak house

RESULTS: my fat non-typing fingers screw me up - Nothing!

I make a file with my first name, last name, and email - I can cut and paste a lot faster, right up there with the best of them. I also decide that I should go for one thing at a time. After all, I have six weeks.

My wife and I go out and hit a few rummage/estate sales and when I get home the snailmail has a Flyer from Golden Nugget. 2 free nights, $50 in slot play, not great, but resulting from a one night stay, I guess acceptable. I call and make the reservations, during the conversation, I mentioned we had stayed in the Rush tower, and was this for that? She said "no", I said I would be glad to pay the upgrade, she clicked a while and said "you have the Rush Tower."

Now in the back of my mind, I remember someone posting a Travel Zoo Gordie Brown / Buffet deal at the GN. I book that, and now the first day is planned. Hit Hennesey's Downtown at 11AM for 2 for 1 fish taco Tuesday, drink a few, enjoy downtown, check in, eat at the buffet, 7:30 show.

I look at the my vegas rewards and Nine Fine Irishman is GONE. Oh well, maybe it will come back in the next six weeks. I'll save one for it. If it doesn't show, we can walk across the overhead and use the Excalibur Steak house reward, it is already in the bank.

SUNDAY MORNING comes and I'm in front of my desktop computer, screw my trusty laptop at my side (it's always there, right next to my smartphone.) Open up my cut paste file. My vegas 2 for me, 1 for the wife.

I have decided to go for the Luxor Steakhouse, while the huge weekend crowd fights for the Circus. paste paste paste.

Luxor Steakhouse - DONE

MONDAY MORNING comes and I'm in front of my desktop computer, screw my trusty laptop at my side (it's always there, right next to my smartphone.) Open up my cut paste file. My vegas 2 for me, 0 for the wife.

Today I go for Circus Steakhouse, - paste paste paste.

Circus Steakhouse - DONE

Now With one reward left, I will wait for 5 weeks to see if Nine Fine Irishman comes back.

Looking at all this booty, I just realized that I am going to have to overplan! Pity me!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip to me. Nice choices.

Bill

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're gonna have a BLAST!!!! ENJOY!!!

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love the planning, sounds like you've got it down to a science!

Have a great trip!

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you out there! I will be there for two nights May 11-13 at Mirage

6. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You gotta plan when you get old Beejay.

The problem is that with all the naps and such I have penciled in, it gets hard to find time for gambling! Hookers and Blow are out of the question!

I see you pushed Red Lobster into the top position on the best of Vegas list

And your March Madness VIII recommendation to me for Chinese came in first also! - Good job!

7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MY wife pulled my trigger last night as well........................:evillaugh:thumbsup:

8. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

I love your wife, Dave!! :wink

You two have a great trip!

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip! Hopefully, I'll see you at the M&G on Tuesday.

JosieCat

10. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My lovely wife cocks my gun every night, but she's not so regular pulling the trigger - I'm not that old! I don't need any planning there. And I've shot blanks for over 25 years!

11. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Beach! Wish you were there organizing! Then I would be sure that we had a great trip!

12. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try like heck JosieCat!

My plan is to find a great machine at NYNY, Monday night when we go see Zumanity, win a bundle, and will be forced to go back Tuesday, taking out time from winning on that machine again, to meet with everyone!

13. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places, Decoration Day is memorial day weekend. I'd think it's the same in Mississippi. :)

14. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Front row at Zumanity...do you know what you're in for? You're part of the show.

15. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Blue!

Not to be disrespectful, but one of the times I was with my wife down in Mississippi, I found myself in the Cemetary most of the day, it was very interesting the first hour, but...... then I found out the next day was "Decoration Day" and everybody was going back with picnic lunches to spend Decoration Day in the cemetary.

My poor brother in law got stuck going back, I'm not quite that easy!

BUT, I don't want to tempt fate.

16. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay Mike, we are not on the couches, tell me what you know! I have never heard anything about it! Should I wear clean underwear?

17. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

You two will have an awesome trip!! Looks like we're just going to miss you. Heading out April 24-29. Maybe next trip. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.