1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by twobroslawn, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time going to vegas april 6th, staying at the MGM Grand.

2. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! I will be arriving in Vegas on April 7th - 12th. MGM Should be an exciting place to stay as the CMA awards are there Sunday night!

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

You'll love it and be overwhelmed by its size and scale. I could easily go to LV, check into MGM and spend a few days there and never leave. So many great food choices, games to play, shows...it's just a city within walls.

Learn a few key landmarks for navigation when you get there, two are obvious, the hotel reception and the main elevators then the Starbucks and then the round Centrifuge Bar. Once you can get those locations dialed in, navigating MGM is relatively easy.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Hope you have a really great trip!!

5. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB! I'm sure you'll find ways to waste countless hours meandering through trip reports and funny stories!

Have a great time!

Santé,
    TL

6. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!

7. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Glad you joined us twobroslawn, welcome to the board.

First trip to Vegas is so exciting. Good luck and have a great trip. I wonder how many times you will get lost in MGM. :haha:

8. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, heres how the trip came to be, we were going to go tues-thurs staying at the luxor, then i found out that the amc awards are at the mgm on that sunday. We really wanted to see that as how often do you get to see the red carpet events for a awards show of that size and we both love country music. so i switched the dates and becasue of price we ended up with the hojo on tropicana, after a week of thinking i called southwest and looked into upgrading hotels. she offered the mgm for 136$ and it comes with a $75 food and beverage credit, so i jumped on it. so from milwaukee to vegas direct flight saturday 5pm to tuesday 5pm i paid $900. I didn't want to stay at the mgm because of its size but for that kind of deal i couldnt pass it up. and the next hotel/resort worth staying at was another 100+ more expensive. and the more i spent on the hotel the less i have to spend while were there. i plan on bringing 1200 to spend. with some gambling but as its my first trip i wanna experience what is vegas.

9. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome. I'll be there when you're there! :)

10. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been watching the weather and its suppose to rain Friday and low 70's for the weekend, I hope to hell that changes to the 80's like it has been the last month

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.