1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seating Choices for Ka at MGM

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Check-Raise, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I'm trying to make my titles more clear when I make them so others can find the information they need in the future!

When we head to Vegas I know my Fiance and I are going to see a couple/few shows. Top on my list to see are O, Ka and Mysterie, I'm thinking we'll either see one or two of those and go see a comedy show as well.

People's reviews of Ka and the equipment/stage they use have really peaked my interest, I've never had the opportunity to see a show like it. I'm determined to make Ka one of the shows we see but I know that seating in larger production shows like this can really effect both the quality of the experience and the cost.

What would those of you who have seen this show, consider to be the threshold between good seats and OK seats. I know what a great seat would probably be (center section first 10 rows or so) but I'm wondering if anyone can give me a sense for how far back is too far back and how far to the left or right is too far? For some shows it really don't matter much if you are on the right wall, you just don't want to be in the back row. For others, you are fine being further back but your really miss out on a lot being against a wall.

Let me know what you think! If the only way to have a good time is to pay full price for a 5th row center ticket, that's what I'll do but I thought I might ask what you all think.

Including a link to the seating map for any respondents convenience.

http://www.city-discovery.com/docs/KA-MGM%20Grand%20Theater.jpg

2. RDO248

RDO248 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Ka twice and best view was in section 102 around rows O to K. Too close and you miss some of the periphery action.

Vegas Baby!
    Vegas Baby pt2!
  3. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Greg was spot on as always! First time I saw Ka (before my VMB days) I was in section 102, row D and it was too close. Second time I took Greg's advice and we were in Section 202 Row AA and it was perfection!

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too took gregrios advice and sat in 202. very good seats.

6. BethGarden

BethGarden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Ka twice, the first time in row R in the very middle section. The second time we were in about the fourth row just to the side of the middle section. We enjoyed the show both times but really liked being close as you could see more of the way the stage works. We would not have gone back a second time but the tickets were comped and we are really happy that we did.

7. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we were in section 201, a few rows up and i the seats closest to the middle of the theatre, and they were great seats.

although, looking at the theatre, it looks like it was built to ensure that all the seats are good seats. its a great layout.

and the show is absolutely fantastic.

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Ka last November. Our seats were in section 202, either row JJ or KK towards the middle. All the sight lines were good. However, I though we were just a little too far back. When I see it again I will make sure that I am a bit closer to the action.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.