1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are the chances of the fares going down?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by nursepower, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can book today on Spirit for 2 r/t tickets from BWI airport for $508 total.

Any chance the fares may go down as we get closer? Anyone have experience here?

2. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds good for spirit..... I'm flying out of BWI too on 4/14-4/20 and was higher I got best prices from Delta like $480 for two tickets.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Closer than when? Prices go up and down all the time. I usually book Southwest, as soon as they extend their reservation system to cover my entire trip. That way I know I have a flight and I can start looking for a good deal on a room and start looking for things to do, shows to see, etc. If prices drop I can rebook at the lower price and use the credit for another flight. I read all the time the best time to book a flight but I have gotten good deals late at night , mid day, early in the day, and just about any day of the week. Prices sometimes go down for a few hours , sometimes for a day or two so the more often you check the more likely you will find a good deal. Generally as the flights get closer, like a month they tend to fill and choices are fewer and prices are higher. I go by what I feel is a good price compared to past flights, considering, trends, fuel prices ,events , and that fact that I like certain flights, not just the cheapest way of getting there. Who likes to leave LV at 6am?

There are some websites that track trends for prices but I don't recall what they are. Perhaps someone can post them. Tell us your dates and perhaps some folks from yhour area who fly frequently can be more helpful.

Jimbo338

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

SW is having a 20% off fare starting today but only for flights from 4/3-6/8. Don't know when you're going but it's worth checking out.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It figures, I booked my flight 3 days ago!

Jimbo338

6. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June 11-15...just missed the sale.

7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Jimbo, did you book on SW? If so, you do know that you can change with no penalty, right?

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To get he 20% off you need a code from your email. You would have to cancel first (losing earlybird checkin, if you bought it) then rebook with the coupon code. I checked for my dates in May and it's just not worth it.

9. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book my flights one way. It isn't necessary but does make it easier to rebook one leg without involving the other. When a price changes you can rebook without losing your EBCI fee, however. You only lose the EBCI fee when you change your Confirmation number. So if you change one flight for another one or rebook the one you have at the new price the Confirmation number stays the same and the EBCI fee is safe. REMEmBER, don't cancel your flight and boon another one, click "Change" and rebook the flight or the price of the flight on the same Confirmation #.

jIMBO338

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, I am aware and have rebooked flights in the past, however, I don't always have the opportunity to use the credit within the year of the original purchase. I usually do it anyway,....just to b e on the safe side. Thanks, though.

Jimbo338

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is one reason not to rebook at a lower price - if you're using travel funds that have been kited out for so long that any funds you put in reserve by rebooking will expire soon after your trip is done.

If you know you'll never use the travel funds you get from rebooking at a lower fare, it can be better not to rebook. You only get Rapid Rewards points for the final cost of your trip.

12. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We never have that problem since we travel a lot but I guess if you're not a frequent traveler it makes sense. I always rebook when I find a lower fare.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Baltimore to Vegas at $254 RT?

Sounds like a great deal to me. Go and try to book a few different dates between now and then and see what they look like? Next week, a few weks out, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.