1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting downtown from Mirage. Deuce, shuttle, taxi???

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by pokerbucketlist, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I would like to explore downtown once on my trip. I have heard that the deuce can be looong, smelly and crowded to ride all the way to freemont.

If I was going in the AM, grabbed a coffee and sat upstairs, would it be a nice scenic ride, or should I just grab a cab? Also, any shuttles from certain properties to their sister properties downtown

Thanks

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taken the Bus many times over the Taxi's 15-20 mins to Downtown, get a 24 hour pass and can explore entire strip, the bus passes are so much cheaper and dont have to tip or worry about longhaulin.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Deuce does really pack the people in especially during the commuting hours. There are a lot of them so they run every 10 minutes or so but that changes with traffic during the day. It is a long ride, but a taxi will run prob a bit over $20. The Strip and Downtown Xpress is a lot faster but has fewer stops and you would have to catch it at Paris or Wynn northbound and get off at the FSE. It runs 9AM-12:30AM every 12-15 minutes. They don't sell tickets onboard so get a pass or purchase a ticket at a machine somewhere.

Yu can google the RTC or just type in bus service in LV or something like that for schedules, prices etc.

4. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or you could wander up to Trop and hit the WAX bus...

5. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wander up to TI and catch the northbound CX on Spring Mountain just outside the Fashion Show Mall. It'll drop you off at Carson and 4th St, just behind The D.

6. dcdrogers

dcdrogers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Deuce

Just an FYI....drinks are not allowed on the deuce. The driver will ask you to toss it. Also....the ride really isn't that bad. You can always take that 20 or so minutes to 'site' see.

7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually like riding the deuce! It was $5 or $6 for one ride or $8 for a 24hr pass so that's what we did last week. If I went on vacation I would probably just get a weekly pass for around $20.

Some of the stops are quite a ways apart. Make sure to get a map so you can plan to hit the stops at the right time and avoid long waits.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 days for $20

The Deuce is fantastic for times I wanna get from one end to another quickly or I'm drunk enough that I don't wanna walk the strip the whole ways.

It's fantastic for when Ii just wanna get back and crash.

9. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What stop is the FSE?

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They announce Fremont Street Experience (FSE) and it is where almost everyone exits on the bus. The bus PA announces and then the bus driver. I believe all 3 buses stop there at 4th St & Carson near Walgreens. Deuce goes southbound from LV Blvd, and WAX and SDX from Casion Square and Fremont near Binions southbound.

I don't mind the Deuce most of the time, and if you buy a bus pass, you can ride it as many times as you like, and sometimes you just want to go down a stop or two and it doesn't cost anything with the pass. you wouldn't want to pay full fare to ride 2 blocks. For the newbies, a 24 hour pass starts when you validate it and is good for 24 hours, not just the day you bought it....so if you bought it on the Strip at 6 pm to go downtown to see the light show, you could use it the next day til 6pm.

Jimbo338

11. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deuce

If you're in no hurry, the Deuce is fine. And if you're going early, it should move along a little faster than midday and evening (which can be slow).

12. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're really lucky you can get one of the front seats on the top. Great views. Sit back and relax. No drinks allowed except water.

The express is fast.

13. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if you buy a 24 hour pass can you ride either the Express or the Deuce? Thinking of taking it downtown for dinner, etc.

14. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, for $8 you can get a pass that will enable you to take either an express bus or the deuce.

Buy the pass at a ticket vending machine with either a credit card or exact cash.

CX (Centennial Express) leaves Fashion Show Mall & is fastest way DT from Mirage. However, it only runs about once per hour.

SDX picks up in front of Wynn about every 15 minutes (from 9:30 a.m. To 12:30 a.m.).

For detailed schedules, Google Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.