1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

EasyClick car rental site problem

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by my sullary, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my opinion follows:

Comments here were good enough for me to check EasyClick for a car rental.

The quote was a great price and the site wanted my CC info to proceed further. It did not mention taxes and fees, just a total with no detail. I had to scroll down NINE paragraphs where it said in "iffy" terms:

"Taxes, Surcharges, fees
    If your confirmed rate does not include local taxes, airport fees, and/or state surcharges, you will be required to pay these charges directly to the rental company at the time of pick up."

I called their contact line and was told taxes and fees are not known and to CALL THE RENTAL CAR CO for that information. (I shouldn't have to do that).

This seems to be a calculated way to mislead and not user friendly. Renters could be surprised at the rental counter unless they read all of the fine print (and I, for one, usually don't).

I called back to confirm EC does not provide car rental tax and fee info and was told they can't BECAUSE IT VARIES and once more that I WOULD HAVE TO CALL THE RENTAL CO for tax and fee info. Sounds like nonsense to me and I am wary of of a site unwilling or not able to quote the FULL cost of renting a car.

EasyClick may be OK for other types of rentals as there are many positive comments elsewhere on VMB.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good that you caught the fine print. Thanks for rhe heads up. I have a hotel reservation through them for May. I hope I didn't miss anything.

3. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a suggestion that you may find helpful is to try carrentalsavers.

you put in your dates and it searches all the rental companies and automatically includes the best offers.
    you don`t even have to give a credit card you pay at the rental place.

4. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car rental discounts

Thanks Survivor for your advice about carrentalsavers which I do use.

Although I always "lurk" on VegasMessageBoard (this site) for discounts, I also check rentalcodes, mousesavers, disboards, flyertalk and several others for up to date discount codes.

I take advantage of great room offers and usually stay a week or more.

If I don't aggressively use the car rental discounts available and check for lower rates often, the car rental can cost more than the hotel rooms.

It's a game I like to win.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To each his own, but....

I find real good rates by booking direct with the car rental places. I can easily cancel or change with no hassles. The prices often seem to be about the same.

Guess I just don't like adding in a middle man.

6. my sullary

my sullary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most people like myself book directly with the rental companies on their websites but use the huge discount savings you can get with the codes found on this website and others.

Do you mean that you don't use any discount codes and just trust the rental companies to give you the best deal?

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, no. I do search for discounts, codes, etc. And often rebook. I just hate being tied into a 3rd party that might save me a few bucks, but locks me into some deal, or is hard to change. Often I can find just as good a deal with the big guys direct.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.