1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taging out of state auto

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by sailorar9, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sailorar9

sailorar9 Guest

Im relocating from FL. to Henderson. Hear that my 2011 Honda Acord will be
    high dollar, is that true?$$$

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm no expert, I just live here... the registration for the vehicle is based on original msrp and the age. I'm just guessin', but I'd find it hard to believe that the reg fees in Nevada would be higher than Florida?

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reg fees can vary greatly state-to-state. Insurance is another consideration. I'd guess Vegas is pretty bad. When we moved from So Cal up coast our insurance dropped nearly half.

I'd think there's something online on the state's website that answers the question on reg.

4. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

We don't have much to pay in taxes, but auto costs pack a punch. Registrations are based on MSRP, my 2006 Impala still costs $230 to register. Our '85 Jimmy is $57. Check here for a DMV Online Estimate. Smog tests to register are $15-$20.

My insurance premiums from Statefarm nearly doubled moving to Las Vegas from the suburbs of Chicago so I switched companies for affordable rates.

5. suecasey

suecasey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 2007 Taurus started out in '07 costing over $300 to register. This year, it's down to $216. Full coverage with Allstate costs me about $1,500 per year. This is way more than I used to pay in the Chicago suburbs.

6. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone please tell me the registration fee you're quoting is not a per-year cost! I live in NY, where taxation is our middle name, and my 2008 vehicle costs about $75 to register for two years.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably have higher property taxes or are giving the state money in some other way. Some states have higher registration fees. Some have higher property taxes. You're paying somehow, somewhere. I'm certain that price is the annual fee:peace:

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Nevada have excise tax? Your registration rates sound high compared to Mass....but thought I read some states don't have excise tax which we do. Probably ends up being the same in the end. I paid $143 in excise tax this year for a 2010 Toyota Rav 4. Registration is renewed here every 2/3 years. $29 for an inspection sticker every year.

9. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

DMV registration is paid annually.

We have various excise taxes (amusement, tabacco, fuel) in Nevada, but none related to annual vehicle registration. You have the flat fee which varies based on your vehicles MSRP, you drive a pricey vehicle - be prepared to pay for it. We have no city or inspection stickers. Smog tests are required for most vehicles. A select few - new models, etc. the test is waived.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we lived in Vegas our car insurance doubled from WI. Close to $1,000 per year for two cars and they are so old we don't carry collision on them.

I thought it sucked that each year we had to pay for the mandatory emission test. WI test is paid for by the State.

iirc ~$9.99 for each car in Vegas.

11. cml

cml Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Louisiana and I just renewed my car tags. It was $57 for two years. The rates you are quoting seem sooo high to me. Of course we do have a state income tax. Our insurance for full coverage on two vehicles is $1000 a year.

12. SinCity

SinCity Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much for vin check?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.