1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone done a luxury car rental?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by snowball, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about renting my DH a Lamborghini for a few hours on our next trip. I think it would be a good anniversary gift.

Does anyone have any experiences that they could share? Or if they would recommend a certain company?

2. Wido78

Wido78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might suggest an exotic racing experience instead?

While the time behind the wheel wouldn't as much as a rental, I would think that the "ride" would be much more exciting and less chance for a ticket.

http://www.exoticsracing.com/

3. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most I've done is a convertible... Good luck with the luxury I sure DH is going to love it

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Do not go on the strip, unless your husband has a big, strong left clutch leg. Hear that's biggest problems with the exotic rentals, tired legs from clutching (they're not like a VW, ya know?).
    Also been told some of them GPS the car and know if you take it over a certain speed, and then jam you on fees.

READ THE FINE PRINT.

Also, some credit cards that provide rental insurance, DO NOT cover exotics and/or have limitations.

More fine print to read.

If I wanted my wife to do something really cool, it'd either be a racing experience, some type of Bondurant course or if in Las Vegas, get me, not a limo, but like a Bentley or MB CLS550 with a driver for the day, and go to some of the tourist places like Red Rock, Valley of Fire, Hoover, even though I have done all that, the experience with a driver, chilling in the back seat comfortably with a beverage and even box lunch/picnic would be way more cool than getting a weak leg, smelling a fried clutch or being limited on keeping a thoroughbred on tight reigns

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don't do it. if he likes fast cars, do some kind of racing thing. driving a lambo 35mph on the strip is sacrilege not to mention not very fun.

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to drive exotic cars at Rent-a-Vette a few years ago. Not a Lambo but Ferrari. Biggest mistake i made. It cost me a fortune, was a "B' to drive, and Las Vegas is the worst place to drive simply because if you are driving in the city it's all stop and go. I preferred a Corvette, Benz AMG, etc. because when i drove i wanted to be seen. I would drive down the Strip back and forth afternoon and evenings hoping the light would turn red therefore allowing the "peasants" to observe this cool guy.....LOL. I've learned from my mistakes.
    As others have mentioned...........try the racing on a track.
    By the way, the 1/2 day rental for a Lambo is $1600 +.
    http://www.lasvegas.net/Rent-A-Vette.htm

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the link. Just checking out those prices can be a wake up call.

I would spend the money on a nicer room. At least you can lay your head down and not worry about someone hitting this expensive toy.

8. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know most of you advised against it, but I rented him one. It is a surprise, so they are going to meet us at the airport.

I guess, I'm thinking that he will never again get to set foot in one so hopefully he enjoys it. We won't be cruising the strip. I was thinking Valley of Fire or Red Rock. But it is up to him.

We actually like the rooms at the Tropicana. We have the spa suite again, so we don't need to upgrade our room. :poke:

9. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    red rocks-pahrump-furnace creek lunch at the Inn-Beatty-LV could be a nice loop.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do those things have a place for luggage?

11. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many miles are you allowed to drive without an additional fee?

12. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please let us know how this turns out!

I looked at renting a Lam YEARS ago till we found out it was and additional $1.50 PER MILE.

Please let us know how he likes it and how the rental worked out for you.

13. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe a purse:thumbsup:

14. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They gave us 100.

I have no idea! But I'm pretty sure we will figure something out. Even if that means I take a cab to the hotel while hubby does the "orientation".

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.