1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wedding Wagon

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by sambient, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambient

sambient Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're doing this Monday!
    So excited and looking forward to this. I was prodding at the various chapels, and while exploring I came across a link for the Las Vegas Wedding Wagon.

So while one of the things I was liking about the Vegas wedding thing was that we could have it streamed on the 'net for family back home, I promptly shed that as a priority. Instead, I could have something that felt less stale and would only be limited by our imaginations and permissions from wherever we might select.

I dig these guys already. It's a new idea but it seems to be really working out for them. I like that they're not trying to own your experience. They take 10-15 pics and email them to you, instead of making your choose something out of your pictures then and there that you like. They won't forbid anyone else from taking pictures. They're not throwing in tacky crap that you don't need. They're not doing what I read in a review of one of the chapels. For that chapel, they of course had bouquets they could sell you, but if you wanted to use your own, there was still a $10 fee. Really? Way to make the couple's special day seem more like a business transaction.
    I didn't want to be in some well-worn little space with some pews to indicate where guests would be if we weren't doing this as our own adventure. Though it turns out, my man has a family member who is going to be in Vegas on some of the same days we are, so we will have some guests after all.

Communications have been great with the Wedding Wagon reverends, even my earlier inquiry about a month before I did book when I wanted to discuss possible locations.

I'm not ready to share here where we're exchanging our vows. The groom seems very possessive of the idea that we might be the first people getting married there or having that sort of theme to their wedding. But watch this space.

2. mdk63

mdk63 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a business transaction. The Wagon and the Chapels are way cheaper than the lawyers when you go to "undo" the transaction!

3. sambient

sambient Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I'm a repeat offender at the wedding altar, so don't I know it.

Yet I'm still one glow-y head-over-heels bride. Who's going to have one fantastic honeymoon. Likely spend some of that time heels-over-shoulders.

4. sambient

sambient Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These guys were indeed fantastic. Everyone was delighted, from our guests to the chosen venue. But especially the bride and groom.

We had our ceremony at the Pinball Hall of Fame. Reverend Andy officiated, Reverend James took photos. We had them in our email a few days later.
    Though I've had no personal experience with any of the other Vegas wedding options, I can't imagine there being any other people as warm and wonderful, or making the celebration feel as personal, as they did.

It was great to have an experience that was fun and different, but didn't feel disrespectful to the process of marriage. It was lighthearted, not dismissive.
    These men have come up with a good thing. I think this is the way to go.

5. sambient

sambient Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Additionally cool: Rev Andy had cautioned me that after our license would get filed, there would be solicitors calling regarding getting our official copies sent to us. So when one of those calls came today, I was aware not to fall for someone looking to take care of that for me.
    Very glad I was given a heads up.

6. Dans Lady

Dans Lady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been wanting to renew our vows and this sounds like a perfect way to do it since we were just thinking of a private ceremony just for us. Thank you for sharing this information as it is something we may pursue.

8. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad to see the good review of them! We are going to Vegas in September to get married using them. We still haven't decided on a spot yet (I should say I haven't.. he's just along for the ride lol), but glad to see they are great people!

9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:

10. Dans Lady

Dans Lady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where did you go?? Can we see some pics?? :kiss:

11. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a photo on their gallery page! Is that you guys? What a great pic! and a cool place to say i do.

12. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

we're planning Reneval of Vow for end of august and I don't want to this in a chapel.

I prefer a romantic outdoor place, but which place would work ? It's a very hot time in Vegas. Do you think Red Rock Park would work (late afternoon ?). Do you have good ideas for another place ?

13. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are getting married in Sept in front of the Bellagio Fountains. Not very original I know, but I think it should be pretty with the fountains behind us! (not sure if it's loud since I actually missed the fountain show when I was there before! ha)

14. djm63

djm63 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rev Andy has been so nice and helpful in making our vow renewal a piece of cake. Can't wait to get there...9 days and counting!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.