1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

White Tigers Still on Public Display at Mirage?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by M_ILIS, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you can pay to go to the White Tigers and Dolphin Encounter, but I'm curious if the Mirage still has the white tiger exhibit right inside the hotel at the end of the moving walkway. I haven't been inside the Mirage for many years.

Thanks!

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately not, they went a few years ago. The lions at MGM are also gone. Things change fast in Vegas.

Corinne

3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I sort of figured that was the case with no more Siegfried & Roy shows. Then again, I thought maybe that gift shop right outside might have kept it open simply due to profits from stuffed animal sales. Glad to know before I made an effort to go see 'em again.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage Secret Garden was one of the most depressing things I've done in vegas. The animal cages looked cramped and dingy. Total buzz kill.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it is wonderful to see these beautiful animals in person, it is heartbreaking to think of these majestic creatures confined for life when they are supposed to be free range creatures, even if they are given the best of care, food and health care. It is like stopping at the animal shelter and looking at all those sad eyes looking at you, kind of begging you to take them away and give then a loving home!

Jimbo338

6. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think these animals are only in the cage on display for a limited time and are rotated with other animals. I have no idea the conditions they have where they actually live though. Also the place is only open during the day, and they are nocturnal, so they wouldnt be doing much during the day anyway. I would hope they are brought back to the area with much more room for them to run around at night.

7. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still have my program from a S & R show at the Frontier Hotel in 1983. In fact, i'm doing my spring cleaning now and finding things in my closets from Vegas going back when i was a baby in the old Imperial 400 motel from 1966 complete with pics.

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage is getting a tidal wave of negative feedback for their use of captive animals, especially the dolphins, on their Facebook page in recent months.

9. Lonster

Lonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can watch the people at BLT instead right inside Mirage...motorized walkway is gone also..

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still bummed they took the lions out at MGM, it was such a cool exhibit even though I've seen it a million times.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wait, there will be some people complaining about how the Mirage is stuffing all those human beings with burgers. Or those decadent deserts across the way at the deli.

Some people just love to complain.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.