1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Steakhouse or Golden Steer?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by blondeladyluck, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blondeladyluck

blondeladyluck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to The Steakhouse at Circus Circus several times and have enjoyed it. I have been curious about Golden Steer. If you had to choose between the two which would you pick?

2. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to The Steakhouse, but I got talked into Golden Steer a couple months ago. Pretty gross. My steak was not anywhere near the doneness I ordered, it had absolutely zero spice or sear and was not very tender. The sides and caesar salads were also treading the border between flavorless and gross. They had a lousy scotch selection, and the service was old-school, but arrogant and condescending. Will never go back.

If The Steakhouse is not a better option, it is in serious trouble.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can’t recommend Golden Steer either…at least not for the food.

The old school décor and vibe is very cool. And the service I received was more than adequate. But the food was pretty mediocre. While the appetizers were tasty (I can’t remember what we had, unfortunately), the salads were absolutely horrendous. I’m talking “pre-made salads from a convenience store” bad. The steaks were okay, but not great. They didn’t have a lot of flavor, they weren’t particularly tender and the temps weren’t terribly accurate.

I probably could have forgiven the lackluster food – especially since the place is cool – had the prices been in line with the quality. But they were not…far from it, in fact. They were pretty much the same prices that you’d find at a top notch steakhouse on the strip.

So, maybe go for a drink or some appetizers and soak up the old school ambiance. But don’t expect to be blown away by the meal…at least not in a good way.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to Golden Steer, but have been to The Steakhouse at least a dozen times. Unless something has changed in the last year, I don't see how you could go wrong. I love the place.:thumbsup:

5. blondeladyluck

blondeladyluck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I will be sticking with The Steakhouse

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, guess I've had a different experience than others here. My meals at Golden Steer have been outstanding - along with the service. I thought the quality was well above the Steakhouse.

Having said the above, Golden Steer should be good as it is expensive. Expect to pay about $100 per person if you order top meals and drinks. The Steakhouse will be less than half that amount.

I give a thumbs up to both.

Bill

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been to the Golden Steer once, but it was excellent! I've recommended it to many people and never had a bad report come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.