1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wow 6 out of 7 flights sold out to LAS tomorrow

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving Milwaukee tomorrow at 1:25PM. Checking other flight times and there are 7 flights from Milwaukee to Vegas tomorrow (3/16). 3 non-stops and 4 with one stop. The only one that isn't sold out is the 3:25 PM, non-stop.

I'm going to try for another bump. It was good for $400 last trip and it would be only a 2 hr delay from my current flight. btw the wanna get away fare for that flight one way is $445!!!

On-line check-in got me B4.

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy your trip, Joe!

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the sequester thing Joe....too many people with too much time on their hands and nothing to do.....but I am with you; I have noticed too as my flights get closer the astronomical price$ for airfare (last minute booking) and wonder whom on the sold out flight took it.....ha....Good Luck on your trip and hope the Royal Flush finds you outside your hotel room....and remember too, a trip to the Pinball Hall of Fame is never a loser (in terms of $ per hour that is)......don't forget a follow-up on the solo trip....

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate eating dinner alone in a restaurant, so I would just as soon cook at home, or in Vegas, just grab something to have food in my stomach.

Anyway, Saturday I'm having dinner with a bartender friend of ours and Sunday dinner is with a cocktail waitress friend. Second St Grill on Saturday, Redwood on Sunday!

I had a little trepidation about a solo trip, but things are shaping up nicely! Now if the gambling Gods cooperate, this could be a very nice trip.:thumbsup:

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I went alone was my first time to eat at the bar (Prime Rib Loft @ Orleans) and it wasn't bad at all. Never considered it as usually was with the significant other but the banter was good, San Fran was playing St. Louis in baseball on the TV and you didn't find yourself in the middle of a restaurant wondering what to do with your hands while sitting alone. ha good luck at the table / vp.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same situation here, flights are sold out and prices are double! You are just lucky to have a nonstop flight! We had one and it was great but I guess even tho it was always full when I took it I guess it is not as profitable as connecting flights when you service smaller airports in your system like Southwest does.

Most of my trips have been solo since I attend a trade show, though I have made friends and we dine together often. Otherwise I am a counter person and usually like sitting at a counter where it is easy to strike up a conversation and meet some interesting people.

Jimbo338

7. realjwstorm

realjwstorm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we flew out and back a couple of weeks ago, both flights were sold out .. not a single available seat .. never seen that before in my life!

8. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. Completely full flights going and returning. This is the future. Sky high airfares and fully packed airplanes. Flying is not pleasant anymore.

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually find lower fares early.

Later fares are higher for the desperate.

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Yeah, get used to it gang.
    Reduced number of flts and destinations equals less seats available and higher prices. Indeed, it is the wave of the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.