1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Food rewards & tipping

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by DonnyC, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SO I have some food rewards that I plan to use with my brother in Vegas

1) The Steakhouse at Circus Circus
    2) $75 credit at The Sporting House NYNY
    3) A 2 buffet pass that we will use for supper

My question is if any of these places builds in a mandatory tip?

2. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I've read the vouchers work like gift certificates so whatever the restaurant policy on certificates is will apply. Likley for a group of 2 they won't build in a mandatory tip (usually thats only done for groups of 6+ or 8+) they will usually remind you (sometimes not so subtly) that gratuity is not included both verbally and on the bill in that case tip as you normally would on the total cost pre-voucher.

3. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the $50 F&B at Excalibur at Rock & Rita's for our party of 5 and didn't include a mandatory tip.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandatory tips are usually only for either very high end restaurants or if you have a large dinner party (6 or more people at most places).

That said, even if the food is "free" the expectation is that you would tip as if you had paid full price for the meal. IE: if you have a $100 dinner the expectation is that you will tip $15-20... if you have a $100 dinner but its paid for because you have gift certificates, a comp or its a MyVegas reward, there is still the expectation of a $15-20 tip.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, you won't be forced to tip, but you should tip like you actually paid for the meal.

6. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woops, I meant Circus Circus. We had some $ left over on our bill and we asked if we could add the tip to it to make the full $50. The server had to ask, and it was approved.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No issue in tipping, so long as the service is good.

I don't tip because 'part of their wage is based on tips' - if that's the case then they need to make sure to do a good job.

My criteria is very achievable, offer to refill my glass or ask if I want another (beer wine ect) before I am done my meal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.