1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Brother Canada

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Nevyn, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone watching this?

I have been pleasantly surprised so far. For the first episode or two I thought it was going to be really boring, but its starting to show some serious potential now. Alliances, sub-alliances, showmances across alliances, etc. Could be some real fireworks when the men start cutting the women or vice versa.

At the moment Peter and Alec look perfectly positioned. They are trying hard to be the Canadian Chill Town.

I hate the host though. She's no Julie Chen.

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had high hopes for this show and found the first couple of shows to be flat out boring. The last two have been ok though as the strategizing is beginning. The talking moose was a waste of time. It seems like theyre taking the BB format but adding a few twists of their own. I wish they would leave it alone. No one seems to have what it takes to be a "player". No real strategies but the the alliances seem to be taking form now. I'll watch a few more to see if it picks up.

3. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never seen the Canadian version of the show, but am a huge fan of the US show. Love it! My favorite reality show, hands down!

4. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE our Canadian version. It is 10x better than the American version. I love how they keep it real and don't censor as much as the U.S. - Just like when Liza said she had some of Gary's glitter up her ass HAHAHA. It's a great mix of what made the U.S. and the U.K. versions so popular.

5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can watch episodes online, with free live feeds, on www.bigbrothercanada.slice.ca, or something to that effect. The show just started a week or two ago so it won't take long to catch up.

6. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm liking it, too. Lock people in a house for money, and I'll watch it apparently. I watched Big Brother Austrailia this year, but I like the US rules much better. I'm happy the Canadian version is following the US format. I feel like so many on this cast really know the game. That makes it so much more fun to watch. I find the editing to be not up to snuff yet. Man, the US editing team has gotten so good over the years! Seems like the Canadian editors are counting on people watching the free feeds. Hopefully they get better.

Does Peter want to be Dan or what (he yells in the diary room, throws competitions, tries not to stand out, and his Memphis (Alec) even wears a Memphis-like hat)?

The girls better be careful--2 girls down and another possibly leaving this week. What's with all the showmances?! Blech!

Tom and Gary are the two I like the least.

Do you think there is a twist? It doesn't seem like it to me. I've seen speculation that Jillian and Emmett knew each other before the game.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ugh, BB jumps into the meddling game early with a stupid Canada votes veto twist.

Man, just let the game play out for awhile. No one is gonna save AJ because hes not in danger. So the people who like voting for furniture will save Suzette, and probably AJ, Aneal or Andrew will go home. All for the potential of some overrated drama.

The real drama comes when the easy targets are gone and the backstabbing starts. But apparently BB wants to go for the easy drama.

8. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like the audience power so soon if at all.

I do love how they punish the houseguests for breaking the rules! I wish they did that here. If they did, maybe the feeds wouldn't get cut for houseguests singing so often.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, the twist was terrible. I have a bad feeling they are going to have the audience meddling way too much this year (even by BBUS production standards) because they have the whole "get points and use them to affect the house" play along angle.

What a crappy night. Suzette is near unwatchable. No strategy, zero charisma, and whiny. Aneal had potential and got ousted with zero warning or time to adapt. It would actually be fun watching Tom get screwed if someone useful had been saved. But to paraphrase bb14 Ian, he was trying to evict furniture.

Once more twist like that and I'm out.

10. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That. Was. Crap.

I'm pissed Aneal's game is over for no good reason. I wish the twist hadn't happened at all, but at least make "Save no one" an option. Suzette seems to be the most worthless player in there (Talla seems to be pretty useless, too). Not worth saving.

The producers ruined the momentum of what was starting to be a good show for nothing. I'm bitter.

11. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, crazy week in the BB Canada house. Spoilers in gray below:

BB took HOH away from Emmett and made him a Have Not for cheating in the bee HOH comp. Other cheaters (Talla, Jillian, & Alec) were made Have Nots also. There was another HOH competition that Gary won.

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda glad to see Tom gone, and to see Gary be a much more effective HoH that the others.

Pity to see Liza go when there's so much 'furniture' still in the house. But at least it will keep Peter focused on the game.

13. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sentiments exactly. I think Tom and Liza might get sequestered. Things are moving a little fast, & they said this was only the first double eviction. I think someone might be coming back. We can't be looking at jury already, can we?

14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You never know. This is not only the first BB Canada, but also Slice's first foray into producing their own program. Would stand to reason that they might keep the run fairly short to keep costs and risk low until they see how it plays. But yeah, they could return a houseguest.

Then again, they did tell Liza she'd see Tom soon (as in, after the show), and usually sequester they keep you separated.

On another note (but a similar "this is a small network dipping their toes" theme), how lame is the top prize? 100,000 and a car?

I always thought that the US version was cheap for not making it a million (survivor takes more of a toll on your body, but BB is way more potentially humiliating and destructive to your life/career as EVERYTHING is on camera). But 100,000 is practically an insult.

15. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like Tom & Liza won't be coming back. Post-eviction interviews with them have revealed way too much information to them.

Yeah, the prize is way tiny. Luckily, I believe Canadians pay no taxes on winnings like that. I think I would play a more risky game if there were only 100K involved than I would if 500K were at stake.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love how Suzette has been special-power begging. She's already been saved once, has made no true allies, and has done nothing of use. But now she wants a coup d'etat.

Say what you will about Rachel (the most twist aided player in BB history ... narrowly eclipsing J&J), but she actually won things and did things and didn't start whining that she wanted a special power to save her until she got fairly far in her second season.

17. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost threw up when I saw Suzette drooling over the men in bathing suits then three minutes later crying she left her 52 children at home and dropped everything to be on the show. Grow some balls you entitled twat and take ownership for how your game is going. You don't see me crying to Steve Wynn every time I press it and lose on his craps table. Excuse me Steve, I left everything to be a total ****** in Vegas for the weekend but I lost three dimes on a bet downstairs - can you give it back to me?

18. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'll be unanimously voting her and her entitled attitude out tonight. Then let's get this game started!

19. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I'm digging the fast pace this week!

20. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, I thought this might be about drones.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.