1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo.. But should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TheDirty, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDirty

TheDirty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be arriving in LV in 23 days (can you tell we're excited)??!!

We've booked a "City Room" at the Cosmopolitan, and with all the discussions on TA about the upgrades to the balcony room with beautiful fountain views - it's got me wondering.

Has anyone stayed in the city room category, and if so, what were your thoughts on it? If we were to upgrade, what could we expect to be asked to pay additionally per night, for the better view room?

This is our first trip to Vegas together, and we have a packed itinerary! I just don't see us being in the room much, other than sleeping and getting ready for the day.

Thoughts?

2. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a wrap around last year and loved the view at night. Have two nights in a terrace studio this time. I would say yes upgrade for a couple more bucks. It's worth waking up and going on the balcony. To me if your not going to get a balcony then just stay at aria. It's cheaper and the rooms Are comparable. I love the balcony and the fountain view will prob be the best but any view is nice.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Terrace Suite last year -it was in the tower farthest from the Strip but on the 51st floor with a fantastic north view, including the Bellagio Fountains. I would vote for the terrace - it is very relaxing to go out on the terrace at night (my stay was at the end of last April, and it was warm enough to wear shorts during the day but a bit cooler at night.) Since you are going in early April, definitely bring a warm track jacket so you can go out and relax on the terrace at night and look out over the lights. I got great photos because there was no glass from shooting through a window to distort the image.

No matter what room you stay in, I would ask for something on the north side of the hotel, as far away from Marquee as you can get. I did not hear anything at all from my Cosmo Suite during my stay (I heard more music coming from Chateau at Paris) but later in the year I stayed at Aria and VDara facing Marquee each time and the music blasting from Marquee was definitely LOUD. I can't imagine having a room directly above it!

4. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were just there on a comped room. Usually it's a terrace room, this time it was city view meaning it faced south. Good view but nothig like the Bellagio view.

They offered to upgrade us for $40/night. The clerk beside us was offering to upgrade that couple for $30/night. The hotel was almost fully booked.

Because of room problems we ended up on the Bellagio side. Now that I've experienced a non-terrace room, I think I would pay the extra when the weather is pleasant.

Does anyone know if there is a resort fee added when you have to pay more? It would be worth calling and asking.

5. TheDirty

TheDirty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question Julie..

6. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The number one reason I love the Cosmo is because of their terraces. Nothing like a nice personal outdoor space, with a great view nonetheless.

I'd say upgrade to one of the terrace rooms, definitely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.