1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advantage Rent A Car

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by big1ed, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

Hello,
    Has anyone ever used them from the LAS airport? Picking up a van for a week price of $350 ( 5 of us ) . Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't, but did you get a price from Airport Van Rental? They specialize in vans (duh) and are located right across from the Consolidated Rental Facility.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, a few times. Never any problems and for me, the line has always been short and quick. No undue upselling. They did not push back when I said I would be using my credit card insurance.

However (comma) a co-worker reported that when he went, the advantage line was almost out the Rental Car Center door. He said {f-bomb}-it and walked up to some other agency and cancelled his Advantage reservation.

I'll report back in a few weeks if I have to do the same thing.

4. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just used Avantage for the first time my last trip a few weeks ago and I have mixed reviews.

I scored a great deal the day before christmas and booked a mustang convertible for only 88.00 for Monday AM until Friday PM (that included all taxes and fees!).

When I arrived the line wasn't obnoxiously long but still longer than I would have liked. When I was next in line another agent came out from the back and took me down to where you pick up the cars as they can also do rentals from there. Just before I left I went to the DMV to get a new license as mine has seen better days and it was confiscated and I was told a new one would be mailed to me within 10 business days. I was offered an "official" printout from the state to use as my license.

I presented it to the agent and I explained my situation and she ran upstairs and they must have a system to check out if it's legit or not as she came back and said I was approved. (Bonus points for her, I didn't want to lose my great deal on the rental!) She also gave me a list of places that I may want to check out (More bonus points for her). But, damn, this woman would not stop with trying to push the insurance on me, even after telling her I was covered through my personal insurance and through the credit card. I almost just walked out and went to Alamo (my preferred rental place, I could sing their praises all day). She did however, offer me pre-pay on the gas. The going rate when I was out there was around 3.85/gal and through the pre-pay it was only 2.65 a gallon. Not sure how they could do that, but I agreed to it seeing as I always have to gas up once or more on my trips.

Would have strongly considered recommending them to almost anyone had she not been so forceful with the insurance. This is just my experience :)

G

5. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've also just booked through Advantage for my trip in May. Their prices just dropped so I booked now in case for some odd reason they go up, which doubt they will. I keep an eye on the prices in case they drop. If they do I cancel and re-book at the lower rate. This time Advantage had the lowest rates.

This is my first time with Advantage. I'm a shopper and compare prices. Whichever company has the lower rate I will usually pick them, as long as they are within the LAS rental car facility (I don't want to bother with extra charge shuttles or taxis). Last year we did E-Z. I read a lot of negative reviews about them, but we had a pretty good experience. Sure, the line was a bit long due to their small desk space, but everything was hassle free. The only unexpected experience was that we were upgraded to a Mustang for free, even though we booked a compact for the fuel efficiency. The reason for the upgrade... they ran out of just about every other car.

Hopefully we get a similar experience. They are not one of the big guys so I don't expect the bells and whistles. However, I do expect and hope for a decent experience at the very least. I don't want any random charges added on or surprised happenings. I read about the $200 deposit. That is alright with me as long as it comes back on the card within a timely manner. I don't remember deposit with E-Z, though.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I used them in 2011, I had no problems whatsoever. It was fast, efficient and I actually ended up paying a lower price because I downgraded to a compact (I took a Nissan rather than a Chevy).

Last time in 2012, I filled out the A-Pass to be in the quick check-in line. This turned out not to matter, because there was only one person at the booth for both lines, and after 15 minutes she was still with the first customer. I had another reservation at E-Z and when I saw they had no line, I moved over there and cancelled my Advantage reservation over the wi-fi.

I would book with them again, but I will always make sure I have a back-up reservation so I can get on with my vacation.

7. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's an excellent idea! I may just have to do that this time around. Thanks!

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the lines all depend when you arrive. I got in at 7 am this past friday morning and there was nobody in line at advantage. I had 2 reservations just in case but I took the budget because it was for a larger car for only 10 bucks more. I was also lucky (see my costco budget thread), the girl assisting me was training and since I tried to help the other couple who were having problems (didn't have their costco card) the girl was nice enough to upgrade me to a full sized car (I reserved a compact).

I've rented from advantage before with no problems. I usually price shop and keep the best reservation but I also keep one in reserve in case the other one has problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.