1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hard Rock: Andrew Dice Clay

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by westie, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Side Stage seats are $29 (regularly $68, including fees), or upgrade to Center Stage seating for $45 (regularly $90, including fees). Showtimes are at 9 p.m. on the following dates:

• March 14-17 and 28-31
    • April 11-14 and 18-21
    • May 9-12 and 23-26

http://tinyurl.com/a77z33n

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out for the Hard Rock. 20 years ago, I thought the Diceman was funny as hell... now it seems more like watching a train wreck. Not sure if he changed or I did... probably some of both. The venue he's playing is small (seats about 300 people), so it's certainly an intimate setting and won't take a lot to fill.

3. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to see him at the Hilton a few years ago. I went in thinking the same thing. He is still raunchy but has changed it around a little. I loved him then and would go to the show again. He recently put out a Showtime special that has a lot of his updated act/set - I wouldn't watch it if you are going to see him live.

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Smartone -
    What do you mean ?......gimme a little more ?
    I know he had stopped the rhymes -- and
    then somebody said "it was bad."
    Then I heard he went back to the rhymes.
    Wassup ?

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I listened to him the other day on XM/Sirius in the car. It was one of those "deals" where they interview him and then play extended exerpts from a recent performance. He seemed far more antagonistic and caustic to the crowd than I remembered and it elicited a negative response from some of those he was pickin'-on and he dug in harder on them. Of course, I only had audio to make my assessment with, but it just all sounded very awkward.

The interview portions had him being extremely defensive and overly negative. I'm not a person who is easily offended by anything, but he was just a dick and not in a "funny, this is my schtick" kinda way.

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw him at the Riviera in december i laughed so much i was in tears

The usher showed me to a 1st row seat and said no thanks and asked for 2nd row good thing i did cause the guys in the 1st row got killed

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw his special on TV a few months back.
    The material is recent for him, meaning typical of other comedians who talk about his age and current male issue but a bit more raw than most.

At the end of his show he did his old rhymes and you could tell the audience were his old fans because they were all singing along.

Not sure how closely related the RV show was compared to his show at the Hard Rock.

8. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you on this, I would have expected Dice to be at State Line not the Hard Rock. Was a fan years ago, but had a bad encounter with the guy in public (I was cordial and he acted like a jackass) and it left a terrible impression that I can't shake.

MH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.