1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

JFK Airport wait times?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Steve in RI., Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying out on Sunday evening on a 9:30 flight on Jet Blue. I've read that delays due to the sequestration have not yet taken affect. Its been years since I've flown out of JFK, as I usually fly out of TF Green or Bradley. Should I count on getting there at least 2 hours early?

2. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like 2 hours but I've done less at JFK. I prefer to fly through the line and relax with a drink or coffee before the flight as opposed to rushing.

If you're flying Jetblue you can upgrade for more legroom, this includes going through the faster security line and early boarding at JFK and other terminals.

4. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get there early and relax. Jet Blue has free wireless throughout their terminal, so make sure you have your laptop or tablet fully charged.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

2 hours is more than enough, Sundays can be bad but you're flying pretty late. I flew on Jetblue from JFK to Vegas about a month ago and to Cancun a couple months before that and both times was there barely an hour before and had plenty of time. Both were on weekday mornings which can be busy. I'm assuming you're checking in online beforehand.

The Jetblue terminal at JFK is nice so you won't be bored if you have to wait around for a while. The best thing about their free wifi is that it actually works! Something I've found to generally be hit or miss at airports.

6. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

7. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two Hours for JFK...

I have only flown out JFK afew times, but one other factor besides security is logistics. How far you are from the airport, is that route home to traffic, are you parking your car our being dropped off, are there bags to be checked? also, it's a pretty long walk from the tram to the ticket counter. T5 is the newest terminal and is not a bad place to hang considering it is an airport.

Be early, be relaxed, be entertained. Enjoy it...:beer:

Aces and faces for all.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delays will NOT be because of budget cuts, but instead due to mgmt and/or folks trying to make a point. Hard to say when that will kick in. I agree... get there early.

Then again, if the snow storm impacts things, start over and do not pass go.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was just a scare tactic Steve.

Some use fear to control others.

10. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was afraid someone would say this :(

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas: