1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Craps bankroll?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by promark, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. promark

promark Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize this is a pretty subjective question, because you just never know what those darn little dice are going to do.

Generally though, how much would your recommend hitting a table with (5 or 10 buck minimum)?

When I have played blackjack I have found that 20X the table minimum has pretty much always given me at least an hour before losing it all, playing basic strategy.

2. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy in at 20x table minimum. Usually with that I have a good idea how the table is running. But you are right, all depends on the table.

3. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - a $200 will last me an hour or more at a $10 table about 90% of the time.

4. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you guys never win?

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy in at 40x what I'm going to bet on the pass line. So $1000 when I'm playing $25. I play full odds, though, and a lot of place bets. So I've got $200 at risk usually once the point is set.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  6. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think $200 is to low at a $10 craps table. Are you guys playing the pass line with 1-2x odds? Add a couple come bets with odds and you could have almost half your bankroll on the table on the first shooter. My normal bet is $110 across the inside or $60 each on the 6/8 for $120 as place bets. Normally buy in for $500 at $10 tables or 1k at a $25 table. Just my 2 cents.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my thought...lol.

If $200 lasts an hour most of the time, then I think I am playing the wrong game (assuming a $10 wager!)

8. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a relative "newbie" on the craps table, and a frugal gambler I can usually go over an hour easily on a 100 dollar buy in at a 5 dollar table. Thinking about upping my bankroll and going to a 10 dollar table this next trip though.

9. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My normal buyin is 40x minimum.

My normal bet is pass line + full odds + $12 each on 6/8.

On a $25 table I've bought in for $200 many times. My normal bets in this case is just to buy the 4/10. I'm hoping for some big hits quick here. :)

10. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i buy in at 100.00 at a 5.00 table if i lose 50.00 i stop till next time
    if i win i keep going until i get tired
    some sessions last a few minutes ....try again later
    some last hours ...great fun

11. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me, I usually buy-in for 10X the amount I am laying on the felt. As an example: $5 Pass Line with 3X4X5 odds, and place the 6 & 8 for $12 each. Thus, about $50 at risk, therefore buy-in for $500. Adjust up or down. Sometimes I go $5 Pass Line and single odds ($5) and place the 6 & 8 for $6 each. About $20 at risk and buy-in for $200.

12. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much how I roll too (full pun intended).

13. promark

promark Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, I think I will have a buy in of about three hundred a session, hopefully this will at least give me some fun!

14. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 table - $500 buy-in
    $10 table - $1,000 buy in, and so on.

15. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10 table - $2000 buy in

However I play $25 pass line, 3x's odds on pass line, if the number rolled is a hardways number then I place $25 on the hardways (point number), and a come bet for $50. I press the hardways one unit, and place another come bet for $50 and place 3x's odds on my first come bet. I press the hardways number again, place 3x's odds on my second come bet. Then let the dice keep flying....gathering my chips if I win. If an Ace/Deuce is rolled I will throw $5 on Ace/Deuce straight up for the repeat. I have had very good luck lately on the Ace/Deuce repeat. I keep pressing the hardway number up to $150 then I will let it stand. Oh sometimes I will put $5 on another hardways number and if it hits I will parlay that for the bigger win. I will continue to place come bets if I'm winning on these bets until the shooter seven's out.

Generally, I will have up to $650 on the table at one time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.