1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking with Expedia

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    need a quick response from an Expedia expert.

Looking at booking my flights thru Expedia and booking a partial hotel stay. (I've done it before.)

The rate for airfare and hotel (Luxor) says it includes taxes and fees. My guess is that the fees it claims to include do not include resort fees.

Is my guess correct?

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. At the end I believe it might state that you might be charged a resort fee at check in

3. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks, when i looked at it further, it appears near the end that it states your package price includes taxes and service fees. i knew better than to even think there was a travel aggregator that built in resort fees.... but i figured i'd better be sure.

thanks again.

4. BarryK

BarryK Tourist

The hotels want to collect the resort fees themselves. That way they don't have pay Expedia a cut of the fee.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very good point.... makes sense to me... make your nightly room rate seem lower on price comparison sites, collect extra on top of rooms you've sold at a cut rate to the aggregators. it's no wonder CET couldn't resist adding resort fees.

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some hotels DO have Expedia collect the resort fee. Gold Spike is one of them. The only way I know of for sure to tell, is to get a calculator out and figure the tax yourself to see if it matches what Expedia is charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.