1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi cost and correct way from Airport to El Cortez

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by McGoo, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Learned my lesson on taking shuttles downtown, this time I will pay for a cab.

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of the trip from McCarren Airport to the El Cortez not including tip? and which way to tell the driver?

Thanks for you help

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $25 should be normal rate (not counting heavy traffic)

Maybe a buck or two more from terminal 3.

Swenson to Paradise, and then Paradise to S. Las Vegas Blvd. Should be around 7 miles from Terminal 1. If traffic is heavy (depends on time of day) waiting time can raise fare higher then the extra milegage taking tunnel and I-15.

I have done Vegas with a car and with cabs, and I always avoid going via las vegas blvd or I-15 between Russel Rd. on south and Sahara on north end.

3. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    El Cortez will provide you a free ride back to the airport when you check out.....

4. McGoo

McGoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the information,

I am going to try to take the WAX depending on when my flight arrives and how fast I make it to the bus stop.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the El Cortez will shuttle you to the airport on everyday but saturday. Sign up in the book when you arrive to make sure there is room. They use a Lincoln Town Car and not a shuttle bus.

I took a cab from Gold Spike on Ogden St. last year to the airport because of the time and it was around $27 with tip and I just told him to go via Paradise. Perhaps the tunnel which costs about an added $5. from what I read will lower the time to get there and make it a wash?????? I now like the WAX. At its worst, you would have to wait an hour, I relax and stretch my legs after 6 hours on a plane, and read and plan. It takes about 28 minutes til you get off, and a short walk to EC. Can't beat it for $2. ($1 for we old folks).

Free wifi with coffee or purchase at the Beat, a coffee shop at the corner of Fremont and 6th st. Between EC and the FSE is a dollar store for snacks, milk, coke cheaper than walgrens for some items, and a deli across from EC.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.