1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Bored out of my mind with myvegas... but want the next reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Snowbelle3, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The same things over and over, all for the sake of the next reward.

I want to stop playing after I get my last reward for may, but I get this feeling that I am missing out on enjoying this game while it lasts and getting the rewards mlife would otherwise not give me.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you. I spent a good 3 days playin that stupid game, then I finally said F this, I'd much rather just pay for what ever prize I was trying to earn.

3. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were to actually look at this at a dollar per hour earned rate, I figure I get about $2 an hour. I value my time much more than that but for some reason I grind this game out every day. I'm 25k LPs away from a Mandalay Bay suite for 2 nights. I think after that I may call it quits.

4. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really simple ... just play the game in the background while you are doing other things. I am at level 135 with 300k LP's and I put very little time into the game.

5. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is my strategy too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, the best game to put in the background is studio city. You barely get stopped for anything there.

7. dunkindonut

dunkindonut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been bored for a few weeks but just earned my final reward today for my trip Tuesday. Between my husband and I, we have two shows and enough food and drink comps for the whole trip. I keep saying I'm done playing, but I have another trip planned for June so I'll probably get started again next week.

8. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play Lucky Birds in the background with a headset and the sound very low. I can do anything I want. When I hear the bubbles come, I grab three eggs. When things are quiet, I have hit a jackpot. The rest of the time I read the paper, write my blog, look over other Facebook posts, whatever. Now I just reached level 58 and I can see how I might abandon the whole thing, but in the background it really does not interfere much with my thinking and writing, including my posting here.
    Up until now 200 has been a self sustaining bet, but the Loyalty points build slowly and now they will build even more slowly as they take twice as many spins after 58. So long term I don't know, but so far it doesn't bother me. I tend to be on the computer for something anyway much of the day.

9. JessicaSarahS

JessicaSarahS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I run it in the background at work on mute. :eek:

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is normally in the background for me too. I redeemed one item before 1/16 & 3 after for my trip in a week. So we have 2 night Mirage Suite, $75 NYNY, 2 tix Love & 2 tix Terry Fator. When it appeared they were lagging on implementing VIP info (like not even saying this is what we are doing on 3/1), I made mom sign up too. She redeemed for Camelot today ($150 credit) and hopefully can bump up to level 65 tonight so she can HOPEFULLY grab Bellagio buffets tomorrow. That will clean her out of LPs but still two nice rewards.

Easter again..:
  11. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually I will have it in the background; but, I usually only play on weekends so I don't get that burned out feeling. I'm up over 320K in LP. I'm waiting for the Steak House a Circus Circus to become available again so I can snag it.

12. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

It is very boring, I just cashed in for the one bedroom Tower Suite weekend night stay and I am not sure if I am coming out ahead with all the time I spent. Also got a buffet and trying for weeknight stay in same room. All in all, I figure I walk about with $1k in prizes, but I would never spend that much on a room anyways, should be fun though, planning on May

13. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    me, too--background on a mute.

i regularly stay at southpoint, and the myvegas room quality is spoiling it for me. 4 nights (2 weekend and 2 weekday) in beautiful rooms, so far. even the 21,000 pint luxor room is beautiful.

schwaiguy

14. gnd

gnd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if I just click on the game and don't do anything with it(work on other open tabs)
    for an hour, it will still gather points??

15. gnd

gnd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK figured it out. I guess you have to go to auto spin on each game. Just hope that I don't run out of chips before I get back to it!

16. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it only stop if you run out of points or hit bonus rounds which can be often. (but that is often a good thing)

17. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you have to give it some attention because it will stop when you hit a bonus or win a jackpot.
    So you have to keep checking back.
    What I do is play the bird game with headset on very low. I can hear the bonus and go back to push the eggs or hear silence and go back to share a bonus. Other than that, 100 hands play themselves.
    It is still slow work. And now that I'm over level 58, it is slower.

And there is the time consuming work of collecting chips every day from all sorts of sources.
    I don't know how people manage to play and keep such huge bankrolls of chips. Perhaps they buy some.
    I'm just grinding out a few freebies. I already have enough for a ticket to O and my next goal is a ticket to BoysIIMen and then maybe a buffet and I'm done.

18. gnd

gnd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses.I'm hoping to go in June and it will be worth it if I can get a few meals or a show out of it. Last year I managed to get around $50-$60 of RC's from The total rewards game going on at the time. That was a big help. I kind of wish that this game would just go to RC's to be spent a my discretion, but I'll take anything!

19. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say go slowly but surely I don't play more than an hour a day. Also remember it's supposed to supplement your trip, not pay for everything. I had 108k, I got 2 nights at Luxor, and Boyz II Men ticket, and I still have 45k left over for something else. You really don't need 300k+ in my opinion. Unless you really want one of those suites. But yea, not sure it's worth your time.

Yea you can't really go more than 5-10 minutes without hitting a jackpot or a bonus game so you have to attend to it. I've noticed Around the World is the least disruptive. I wish i could do other things and play, but it eats all my computers ram to play! boo.

20. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quit after getting three rewards, and was happy as heck to be done! You couldn't pay me enough to ever play that game again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.