1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

GregRio RIP

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by westie, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I, like most on this board, never met Greg personally I valued his opinions and will regret the fact that I never got to meet Greg in person. Greg RIP you will truly be missed.

2. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My condolences to his family.

3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GregRio was a good one on this board. He knew his stuff. RIP.

4. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg - over 5,000 posts on this board and it seemed that every one was a review or advice to someone.

he'll be missed.

RIP

5. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May he rest in peace. I echo all the comments already made...........life is short, enjoy!

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't really sure what if anything to say. I didn't know Greg as well as some, but we'd been internet pals for a very long time, and there were times I'd ring him up to discuss things personal or work-related. And as happens in this day, I actually never "met" him.

No one wants to go out prematurely, but my guess is he did so with a song on his lips.

7. rsees

rsees Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    God Bless Greg & Family

As many have said, I didnt know him but through this board. He took time to answer my entertainment questions though he probably answered the same exact question 100's of times. He will be missed.
    Ron

8. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, like so many of you, never bought tickets to a Las Vegas show without checking GreRio's trip reports. Such a loss for all of us. I bet he has one of the best seats in his new house.

9. delo

delo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, Bre...Vegas visits won't be the same for me...not only from losing Greg.....
    but I lost my son last summer to pancreatic cancer...the one time he and I went to Vegas together, we stayed at the Rio....
    Now I think just walking into the Rio will bring back too many sad memories. I may never be able to go in there again.

10. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! So sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers go out to his family. I used all of his show and seating suggestions last year while in Vegas celebrating my 40th. He will definitely be missed.

11. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the board in a while due to other things going on in my life but for some reason felt compelled to stop by tonight. I'm shocked and can only say that for someone I never met but yet I knew so well, I will miss you more than words can say.... Dino

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Hope things are okay for you Dino.

13. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very sad to hear about Greg's passing

14. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Greg. Rock in Peace. The players up there are better than the ones down here anyway.

Front row center for Jimi, Janis, John, Jim et al.

15. GNH2000

GNH2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We met Greg a couple of times when our trips coincided--he was as nice in person as he was on these boards--always willing to offer friendly advice and help.

He always had friends at the Rio-- the desk clerk, the housekeeper-- he always treated them with so much respect. He would get the same room every trip at the RIO because they knew him so well.

This is a shock and he will be deeply missed.

16. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIP, GregRio

I am saddened by the passing of a friend I never had the chance to make.

I enjoyed reading the material he provided here regarding shows as I tried to figure out how to spend our limited show budget on each upcoming trip. His advice was spot on, given in a friendly manner, and provided willingly.

My condolences to his family and friends as his journey here ends. RIP, sir!! You are missed.

17. GNH2000

GNH2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And my favorite memory-- we had met Greg for a diet soda before we went to see Mamma Mia--he didn't have tickets but decided on the spur of the moment to get a ticket to the show.

I'll never forget the sight of him dancing in the aisle to the music! Still my favorite show in Vegas.

He was very very special.

18. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I first heard the news last week I was so shaken I could not write anything until today. Although I suspected the worse since there were no posts from him since his announcement of the disease a couple of months ago, I was hoping for the best.

I like so many others here felt as if they knew Greg. Over the almost 8 years I have been on this board he and I have exchanged messages many times. He was so nice and generous with his time and knowledge. He was a truly fine gentleman. There are so few of them around these days. I truly wish we could have met on one of our trips.

Rest in peace Greg.

19. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saddened to hear the news! Took his advice and went to see Absinthe.. Loved every minute and appreciated his insight and seating recommendations. RIP.. I am sure you have the perfect seat in Heaven!

20. Joang

Joang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RIP

So sad to hear, he guided me so many times on where to sit at shows. He sounded like a great guy, so sad I never go to meet him in person. I will think of him at my next LV show and say a prayer for him. Thanks so much for letter us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.