1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant Week

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by nhcris, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been in Vegas for Restaurant Week?http://www.helpoutdineoutlv.org/ It came to my attention that I will be there for it and I would to try some new restaurants while this is going on. I usually just wing it on my trips, but I am wondering if I will need to make reservations ahead of time for this. If anyone has any suggestions or comments on how best to take advantage of this, I would be grateful.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I participate in RW year after year, this is the second year with two: Spring and Fall. It's a great opportunity to try new places and help out a good cause. Sadly, Wynn, MGM Resort Int'l and Cosmo restaurants don't seem to be participating this time. Still, there are a lot of great choices.

We typically enjoy one meal every day, but this time we'll be out of town for the weekend so we'll only splurge for five dinners:

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab
    Poppy Den
    The Pasta Shop
    Emeril's Fish House
    ...and probably Table 34.

Yes, make reservations! Many are on opentable.

3. Ell

Ell Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post and the heads up on RW. Smith and Wollensky wine week, 10 wine tastings for $10 with a entree is that week, also. Not sure, if it can be combined?

4. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Restaurant week last August..........GREAT deals......especially at Emeril's Fish House at MGM Grand....best deal we had that week..........wish they had it Easter Week.......YUMMMMMM

5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to your responses, I am even more more excited about this unexpected bonus for my trip! I am going to have to be a planner for this trip I see. So far, the only definite is meeting friends at Delmonico's for lunch one day. I get in late the first night & will be doing Grimaldi's Pizza one night, so that leaves 4 dinners. I would love your input on some options I am thinking about.

For 2 nights while I am at Paris I am considering:

Emeril's Fish House (sounds amazing)
    Gallagher's (I have a $75 MyVegas GC anywhere at NYNY)
    Smith & Wollensky
    Strip House

For the 3 nights I am at Venetian I have Rock of Ages & Terry Fator, and Grimaldi's pizza is a must, so I am looking for 2 dinner places that are convenient. I will be doing Morel's for breakfast, as I love it there. For dinners I am considering:

AquaKnox
    Mesa Grill at CP
    Lagasse's Stadium (I am a huge hockey fan)

I can't wait! I am already thinking about booking a trip for the fall Restaurant week. I am surprised this isn't a bigger deal here on VMB.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I would love to participate (and I missed RW in NYC a couple years ago by just 3 days:grrr:) most people don't plan their travel around food discounts. And for those who do, they already know about Restaurant Week. It's marketed to locals, not tourists, and this is primarily a tourist board. So that's my explanation.

Plus it's a minority on the board who are in the market for upscale dining (or at least, who post about it)......

7. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I've dined at Aquaknox, Mesa Grill and Striphouse. All enjoyable, but none impressed enough to warrant return visits. RW is a prime time to sample since you'll be getting a bit more for your money.

We'll be dining at Emeril's Fish House on the 12th. It will be a first for us.

8. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to three restraurant weeks, but I live close. To me it is not about the discount. Its not that much of a savings. It is for charity. I have always enjoyed my meals. It has got me to try places I might not have tried. I just wish when I do get a favorite they stop perticipating. I wonder why Serendipity is not having breakfast this year? I would drive to Las Vegas just for the hot chocolate french toast.

9. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Restaurant Week stinks now that most MGM restaurants are gone. I still dream of the Bar Masa sushi deal they had a couple years ago.

10. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't buy what you're serving here.............not a all........you could just as easily donate MUCH more money to the charity if that's what your concerned with........:rolleyes2:

But either way it a win win........and I agree it a great opertunity to try other eateries..... :)

11. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting perspectives here as always :)

I wasn't really looking at it as a discount. It won't save me money, as I very rarely order 3 courses, and often don't even bother to take the time to sit down and enjoy a nice meal. I am excited to be changing it up a little and making dining more of a focus this trip, and I am really looking forward to it.

I settled on planning ahead for 4 meals, but I might manage a couple more depending on how the week goes. I have reserved Morel's for breakfast, Delmonico's for lunch and Emeril's Fish House & AquaKnox for dinners.

I can't wait to get this party started!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.