1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Centurion Lounge at McCarran

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GreatGamblino, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to the new Centurion Lounge at McCarran airport? Not sure how long it's been open, but I got an e-mail yesterday from AMEX offering complimentary visits during 2013. Looks like they provide "gourmet" food, wine, cocktails, Wi-Fi, computers/tablets, etc. I might check it out before my return flight home on Sunday - maybe it will take some of the sting out of having to leave Vegas.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/las-vegas.html

2. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hope i get the invite since i on;y have a platinum card, not centurion. looks like it's $50 a person if your not cent and don't have the promotion on your account

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Same here. Wish it was complimentary or at least discounted for Platinum holders considering the annual fee we pay for the card. Sounds nice but I wouldn't pay $50 for it since I never get to the airport early enough where I have a long wait.

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the free invitation to it as well. I typically fly SWA so I am wondering what terminal the Centurion is located.

5. red318is

red318is Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lounge is accessible from either terminal 1 or 3.
    Hours: 5am – 12am

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone with any details?

Can you pay $50 to get in, and do you get a guest, or is that per person. Drinks ,and food included?

7. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    per person... food/drinks included.

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the "unlimited complimentary access through Dec 31, 2013" invitation as well. From the pics, it looks like a typical airline lounge. We'll likely try it on our upcoming trip.

9. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No doubt the annual fee for the Platinum card is high. Depending on one's travel style, one can make up that value in cost savings by using either the companion ticket program or FHR.

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Amex/Delta Platinum card and using a companion certificate on our upcoming trip. The annual $150 fee is a bargain for an extra $400 ticket! BTW: what's FHR?

11. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fine Hotels & Resorts. At high-end properties, Amex has negotiated a variety of deals. Generally stuff like buy x nights, get one free, plus some free amenities.

https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/ssl/travel/gateway.rvlx?action_route=1:HOTEL:0:START::SWF&sso_return=1&stk=null&tpg=null&isplat=null&iscent=null&region=null

12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did this take over that weird, unbranded club that was there before? It was just called "The Club at LAS" or something like that, I think. I never quite understood that place, although it makes sense considering how many airlines serve McCarran and the lack of branded airline clubs.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That isn't the same Platinum card. Thats the co-branded credit card, the Platinum card is a charge card (not credit) with an annual fee of $450 and gives you access to PTS (Platinum Travel Services) and their FHR program. I've found that AMEX is very cool about the fee though. I was originally Gold and got Platinum after they suggested I upgrade because I was constantly traveling overseas for business and the Platinum had some extra benefits, but they waived the fee that year (just charged me the Gold). Then a little over a year ago I was about to downgrade the card because I wasn't traveling overseas as much and they just waived the fee entirely for a year to get me to stay.

There's actually a poster on this board I've communicated privately with who works for PTS and is very helpful. I probably shouldn't post who it is w/o their consent but maybe they'll see this thread.

14. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right and I know the differences, but there's no way I'm going to pay $450 for a card, especially since Ms. Gecko already has a Sky Club membership (through her company) and takes me in with her. Delta used to share Continental's President's Club (or whatever it's called in Terminal D), but no longer. I hoped Delta would have partnered with someone else or have their own club at McCarran by now.

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are separate entities. Both still maintain separate websites with no notation they have changed or joined.....Plus their listed amenities are different. And The Club at LAS is accessible to Priority Pass members but the Centurion Lounge is not:peace:

16. Kit39

Kit39 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for that KickinChicken:) I'm glad I could help you:)

I'm the person who works for American Express Travel in the Pts and Centurian travel department. If you ever have any questions about travel or the Fine Hotels and resorts please reach out to me. I have been an agent for about 15 years.

You can get some great deals with your card in Vegas, Just let me know how I can help.:peace:

17. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ms. Gecko and I are in the Centurion Club right now after each getting a $400 voucher on Delta for volunteering to get on a later flight. (She received a two visit Centurion trial since my previous post and this seemed like the ideal time to use one.) It's a great place to kill a little time (free booze and food), though I'.d never spend the bucks to buy a membership. I just wonder how we're going to use our $18 food vouchers.

18. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless the TSA has changed its mind, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to exit the secured area of T1, to get into T3, unless you're trying to make a connection from one terminal to another.

There's a locked door separating T1 and T3 in the area of the tram where they intersect.

19. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having never been to Terminal 3 I can't speak from personal experience, but the Centurion Lounge is located by D4. I would think it would be accessible from either terminal without going through another security check, but it's nonetheless worth the hassles if you have more than a couple hours to kill, as we did on Monday. (Then again, I now go through Pre Check, so passing through Security isn't much of an inconvenience anymore.)

20. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are in the lounge now. The Centurion Lounge is easily accessible from T3 via tram. There are no additional TSA checkpoints, just the one in T3. I love the decor in the lounge - it's very Zen.

Counting down to our May trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.