1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nashville??

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip to Jamaica was cancelled due to some family issues our travel companions that invited us are having. I wasnt dissapointed. Anyways, I was looking for something to make up for it, considered LV, but the airfare was ridiculous, it was going to be over $400 more than what we paid last week!!

We settled on Nashville, we both always have wanted to go, its a short 6 hour drive and we can trailer my motorcycle if we wish.

We settled on Embassy Suites as this was recommended by a friend. I guess its a short jaunt to music row and they have a shuttle.

I was hoping for some tips and recommendations. We like unique places and both love live music.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! Where it the ES at? West End? Music Row is worth seeing (you'll probably walk right past my office), but downtown is definitely more the tourist corridor. You can find live music everywhere (truly eveerywhere; only city I have ever lived in where you can see songwriters perform in the grocery store). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need suggestions

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks UK,

this is the hotel

Embassy Suites Nashville - at Vanderbilt
    1811 Broadway, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203, USA

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron,
    Let me know when you are in town and I will come down and buy you a beer. I would NOT stay at ES down by Vanderbilt. I used to have an office on Broad just down from you around 17th. You DEFINITELY want to stay closer to downtown. The Hilton, the Renassiance, The Hermitage Hotel, Marriott, Hampton Inn Downtownetc. That way you can bar hop and walk around to all the bars, restraunts, etc. Vandy is only a mile or two down, but its not walkable. Music Row is nothing special, just office buildings down 17th and 18th street. However, there is a cool district on Demonbruen close to Music Row just down from the Interstate. There is also a cool little area down in The Gulch. But "lower Broad" and 2nd Ave is where all the clubs and touristy stuff is that you want to be close too. Because you will be getting hammered! I would change hotels if I planned on drinking. UKFan can give you his opinion as well.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Huddler, I will take you up on that drink. We are coming Memorial Day weekend, so it ended up being a $400 savings to be a mile or two away. From my understanding they have a shuttle service.

This is just the kind of info. I was looking for, thanks. I will see if I can work something out on the hotel.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you want to do. Staying on West End or Broadway is never a bad thing. Your hotel is one block from my office and its a decent neighborhood. Most of the tourist stuff, however, is downtown. Its a short cab ride from the ES, but definitely not walking distance (its freaking cold this week!!!). If you stay downtown, you are close to all the tourist bars and stops, but not much else. Once you get downtown, there are tons of bars and music venues to walk around and see. There's other arts and other culture in Nashville you could see depending on the length of your stay: Cheekwood, Centennial Park, Printers Alley, the Gulch, etc. None of those are very close to downtown (except Printers Alley; less-touristy part of downtown) or ES. Hope that helps.

The plans have changed
  7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Expect a long line if it's the weekend.

8. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Huddler, I used to have to go down to West end for work. 2nd Ave is where its happening. Huddler is Buffalo Billards still open, I know the stage is around for good music.

9. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah its still there but I just dont go down to 2nd Ave much. I live in Franklin and thats a long drive after spending the night drinking downtown! My office is in Brentwood which like Franklin, is south of the city. So I dont go downtown unless its for a meeting or to eat lunch with someone. All my rowdy friends have settled down...

10. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, this a local Nashville tradition. Long line but it moves fast. Get the sweet potato pancakes and The Medley! Yummy! The other "famous" place like that is the Loveless Cafe. I recommend the fried chicken and bisquits. It is definitely a touristy type place now.

11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might rain on the Pancake Pantry parade. Love theneighborhodd it is in (Hillsboro Village). And if you go, visist the bookstore across the street (shameless plug, my family owns the bookstore!). But only go to Pancake Pantry for the experience. The food is just ok and the wait is ridiculous any any weekend (dress warm, the line goes out the door and down the block). The celebs eat there, so its a good place to people watch. But honestly, I would drive out to Loveless Cafe for better food.

The plans have changed
  12. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lynchburg is a cool place to go at least once IMO and the drive isn't bad.

13. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    make sure you go to demos' restaurant in nashville , you will not be disappointed ....
    also i second the having a beer with you while you are here in nashville ,just let me know where you want to drink at ( i very rarely get downtown )

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.