1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Re-booked today for September

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Buddha, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If any of you read my last trip report, I mentioned how on Feb. 4th, I booked our September flights, when SWA opened up their reservations window.
    I was not necessarily excited about the first day price of $162 each way, p/p, but I knew I could always re-book for a possible lower price later.

Well, today was the day for saving a little money, as SWA dropped our September dates to/from Vegas to $142. In about 20 minutes, I logged in and re-booked the same exact flights, and put a total of $80 in our SWA credit funds, which we will use on a future flight (before Feb. 4, 2014).

Gotta love SWA !!

2. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buddha you certainly get great fares from SW. Now a question with the sequestration taking place will SW and other carriers be fuller because of less flights. This will cause more bumping but how soon might they be able to get the bumpee out.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where you're getting this.

I know the sequestration will affect the TSA and result in longer lines, but why would it result in less flights?

4. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the news(radio) today that ATL would have to go from 126 taking off an hour to 96. So, I'm thinking less flights.

5. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it may have a cascade effect. Less TSA agents. Bigger crowds at security. Missed flights. Airports closing. compression of flight schedules. matters get worse. I'm hoping I'm way wrong.

6. CNROrl

CNROrl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fear is that the cuts will hit air traffic controllers as well. Reduce the number of those people and the number of flights allowed per hour will drop.

7. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're flying in Sept also.. 15-19. The fares right now are either 162 or 182 depending on the time. Is this about where the rates will stay? We don't fly much, so I really don't want to book yet since I probably wouldn't use the credits. I want to fly SWA instead of Allegiant right out of Rockford because I want to get there before 10pm! Just not sure if 162 is something I want to jump on?
    Thanks!

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IF the airlines can fill their planes, they will fill em.

All this budget talk is scare and media insanity.

9. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody knows what Southwest's fares are going to do. Their fares seem to rise and fall for no rhyme or reason.
    The best you can do is check fares everyday, three or four times a day. It's a pain, but that's what we have to deal with trying to catch low fares.

10. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really sucks flying from the East Coast... ugggh.......

Does Southwest still have Ding ?

Its over 450 for a N/S... I always do N/S since its a long flight to begin with....

11. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes ... SWA still does the "Ding". However, the prices are not as attractive as they used to be when they started up. In fact, I have recently gotten all of my cheaper fares from the regular reservation page, and the Ding was always higher. Go figure ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.