1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet Of Buffets Info

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Busyman, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffet Of Buffets 24-Hour Pass - CET Properties

$50 weekday - $70 weekend (11am Friday to 11am Sunday)

For Total Rewards members

$45 weekday - $65 weekend

Caesars Palace: Bacchanal® Buffet
    (extra $15 breakfast, $20 lunch/brunch, $25 dinner, per visit)

Flamingo: Paradise Garden Buffet

Harrah's Las Vegas: Flavors, The Buffet

The Quad: Emperor's Buffet

Paris: Le Village Buffet

Planet Hollywood: Spice Market Buffet

Rio: Carnival World Buffet

Rio Village Seafood Buffet
    (extra $10 per visit)​

Notes:

1. Get a Total Rewards card. It's a no-brainer. Having one saves you $5 on the pass. It also serves as your pass (along with your ID). Otherwise you have to use a wristband which is inconvenient. If you lose your TR card, simply get another. The pass is tied to your account.
    The 24 hour clock starts when you buy your pass. Use this to your advantage.

2. Depending on your timetable, you could get 4 meals out of one pass.
    Example: Buy a late dinner say at 8pm (your clock starts then)
    The next day you can then get breakfast, lunch, and then dinner again (as long as you are there before 8pm).

3. Avoid weekend pricing.
    Example: Get a late breakfast Friday morning (before 11am when weekend pricing kicks in). The clocks starts then. You can then get a late lunch and dinner that day, then earlier breakfast again the next day.

4. Being in a long line won't excuse your pass running out. Keep this in mind and allow enough time.
    Example: You got your pass at 8pm. The next day you go to eat but are in a long line at 7:57pm. Your pass will expire before you get to the cashier. Don't cut it close.

5. Make note of the closing times. Most are open for dinner till 10pm.
    PH is open till 11pm and The Quad closes at 2pm. Verify to make sure.

6. Sample the tween foods. Still eating breakfast at 10:55am? Well the food will start to get put out for lunch (11am). The same change happens at 3pm for dinner.
    ---------

I find that eating 4 meals is too much and usually will miss a typical breakfast and lunch separately. One thing I won't do is knock myself out trying to eat so I usually will only eat 3 times:

Late dinner before hitting some nightlife
    Brunch
    Earlier dinner

If you can get up at 7am to eat breakfast, still eat lunch, and then dinner again, more power to ya.

Oh and if I didn't mention it before, GET A TOTAL REWARDS CARD!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is a great post and would be awesome as a sticky! Very popular question and a concise, well-written answer!

3. Speaker

Speaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got one question to this - If I decide to go to Bacchanal Buffet and the line is really long - can I get a line pass for some extra money for my whole group? Or does everybody needs to buy the pass separately?

Thanks in advance!

4. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see why YOU can't pay for everyone. It's a one-time use thing so why not. You always call first to make sure.

What irks me is when there are clearly tables available within view and there's this arbitrary holding pattern.

Another is that to even purchase the line pass, many times you must stand in a long line. badumdeesh.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    everyone must buy a line pass

6. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week Bacchanal was a $25 additional fee for dinner.

Are you sure about the times? I thought most of the buffets were closed at 10 except PH that closes at 11.

I am diamond and was charged a line pass fee for our party at Bacchanal. If your diamond check your recept. The cashier is use to charging everyone a line pass fee even when you hand them your diamond card.

7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, updated.

Still verify times to make sure. I had seen conflicting info on the website and even got wrong info from reps.

8. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you get a better value if you start with a late dinner one night and end with a earlier dinner the next night. As long as you do it in the 24 hour. I find I learn not to stuff myself when I know more is coming. At the end of the 24 hours I do not want to see another buffet...until my next trip. I do perfer a sit down dinner over a buffet but it is a good deal when I am watching my pennys. I don't know how happy I would be if I had to wait in line three times a day.

9. optimator

optimator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's our plan for the first couple of days. After that I'm sure we'll be buffeted out..

10. chukli

chukli Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought my Total Reward online

Just want to clarify when exactly the 24 hour clock starts for Total Rewards members for the Buffet, is it at your first meal? Also, if do you know if i bought my member card online, would you print that confirmation and present this at the first dining place and buy the 24 hour buffet pass?
    Thanks.

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cant buy a card online, the card is free

The 24 hours starts at the time written on your receipt when you pay for your 1st meal

12. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "pass" itself starts when you pay for your 1st meal (after asking to purchase the pass, of course).

Total Rewards is free and you can get it at many CET properties.. Just ask and sign up. You need ID.

When you buy your pass at a buffet (after you have a TR card), show your TR card (with ID), they will give the discount, and the pass will be tied to your TR card.

Lose your card? Get a replacement at any CET loyalty desk. The pass will be "on it". Otherwise, with no TR card, your receipt is your proof. Lose your receipt and you are SOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.