1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET hotels charging resort fee

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rgerards, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if they start March 1st.............:poke:

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I thought I read somewhere that if you booked before they were implemented, you were exempt or grandfathered in. I'll have to check again.

3. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resorts fees have to be disclosed upon booking. They shouldn't kick in till reservations made from March 1st on.

Test bookings have included no resort fee past March 1st.

4. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very smart. One comp shouldn't mean much for a great idea.

6. JWVegas

JWVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know.....I was thinking of something similar to this yesterday.

Imagine how people would flock to MGM properties if on March 1st, when CET was implementing their new Resort Fees, that MGM Resorts announced that THEY were dropping THEIR Resort Fees......even if it was just for the rest of this year.

I can't imagine that MGM Management will just sit back and do nothing. CET is handing them a golden opportunity to steal a lot of their business.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That'd be silly for MGM to modify their resort fees.

"Our biggest competitor who has always been cheaper than us just raised their prices, so lets cut ours" wouldn't be a logical business move.

8. dtm615

dtm615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That statement is true as it relates to a permanent policy change. As to a temporary deal, i.e. show us your Caesar's reservation made prior to March 1 before March 30, reserve the same days with us and we'll waive your resort fees, it's potentially brilliant.

With the resort fees resulting in a de facto increase in prices, bringing Caesar's prices closer to MGMs its a chance to maybe impress a few (or ideally a whole bunch) of Caesar's angry customers and get them to permanently change.

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price warring is very logical if it results in increased patronage.

An empty hotel room is a loss.

10. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So most people here agree that the MGM Properties are superior to CET Properties...and now with CET going to charge resort fees....how long before MGM Properties raise their resort fees AGAIN......

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I am in Vegas as I type, and on local news they are claiming CET said their guests have been "asking" for resort fees because they don't want to pay for Wi-Fi. What a crock

12. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get this thing with wifi. I mean, use a tethering app on your phone.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  13. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will try by the end of the year. Especially if this charge stays in place at CET. Think about the uproar when baggage fee's were introduced by the airlines. Now they all have them with just a few exceptions. It started out at just $10 per bag checked.

14. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup and you will have folks coming on here that will call everyone that brings it up, whiners.

Vegas is the place for excess but it doesn't mean "whatever you charge I'll pay".

15. nrm02

nrm02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI

Just received this e-mail from Total Rewards customer service, thought y'all might want to read.

Thank you for contacting Flamingo Las Vegas!

We appreciate your interest in visiting us. In regard to resort fee's, yes these will apply to rooms booked as comped starting on March 1, 2013. The resort fee will offer a mix of amenities and services including Wi-Fi, local calls and fitness center access.

16. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow seriously this fucking sucks. Ridiculous. ALl of there hotels are dumps, even Caesars, and for them to do this is just suicidal.

17. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, i called Rio a few days ago and beginning March 1st you pay. That's why i have the timer at the bottom of my post. Beginning March 1st, rooms that are comped will have the resort fee added. That's why i booked May and Nov..........then after Nov. i will play it by ear on whether i choose to stay at a CET property. Might go back to the Monte Carlo, which is where i used to stay at when it first opened and for the next few years after. In fact, when i go in May and Nov. i probably will use my MiLife card(actually it was called MGM/Mirage card) again just to see what offers i get from MC.

18. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, for me it wouldn't be all that bad for us as it will be cheaper than having to pay for the Internet and Frig. On the down side, I wonder if they will not allow it to be comped off. Even if they did it would go toward the total comp amount which could be an extra dinner.

Will be monitoring to see what happens.

20. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On another site it was reported that resort fees will be waived for all except gold card members.

Ive heard so many people bitch about having to pay for Internet for each device that I'm sure they filled out the surveys and suggested it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.