1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point - resort fee?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by golfguy, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if South Point charges a resort fee??

According to this link, it is $14.
    http://www.vegas.com/incl/resortfees.html

I had heard South Point didn't charge a resort fee. Is that true? Is that information from vegas.com inaccurate?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Word is that they are rolling one out. I don't know when it will start.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read that they are coming out with one also. Been wondering if it was going to be March 1...if they are they should have taken that off their website, it does look funny when it says NEVER and then the next day they institute one. Staying there in May.

5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just sent an email to the South Point, asking them if a Resort Fee is in their plans. And, I also mentioned that if it is true (thereby going against their own ad), that they would be losing me, and many others, as future guests.

6. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boo!!!! The South Point has always been a good value in my opinion. This would really bum me out if they start charging a resort fee. I frequently stay at the south point for less than $50 per night, and $42 is the rate when I have booked during the 72 hour sale. A $14 resort fee is hanging around 30% of the base rate :( When you figure in the high room taxes in Vegas (12% on the Strip and 13% Downtown), you are getting worked over in the fees and taxes ($20 per night on a $50 room).

Still Vegas is an economical place to travel for me, and I will probably stay at the South Point on occasion even if they implement a fee. It just won't be quite as high on my list.

7. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $14 does seem excessive for an Off-strip property like South Point. I'm more likely to switch to Monte Carlo or Flamingo than stay at South Point now. Similar room rates; similar fees... WAY better location.

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand where Caesars quote came from...if you read reviews on Trip Advisor of any CET prop the biggest complaint is paying for internet. These are the people they are referring to I would think. I have a feeling this is the same reason SP may be implementing a fee...biggest complaint in their reviews is the same...had to pay for internet.

9. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're at Southpoint right now. Crazy that I'm on the computer instead of gambling but needed a break.

I just called the front desk. Starting March 1st, a resort fee of $14 will be charged.

Edit to add: She actually didn't say March 1st, she said starting next month. So....

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up gambler :thumbsup:

This thread started to veer off course, let's keep this on topic folks.

11. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange ... since all last year the South Point had free internet by the hotel front desk lobby area. And now they want to charge a resort fee for it ????

12. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a reservation for next month. Do you think I will be charged this fee? Or will it not count on reservations already made. I will move my reservation to somewhere else if they are going to charge me a fee next month.

13. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, I'll ask when we check out in a couple hours. We're heading to 4 Queens and I don't know if they have free wifi so it may take a couple days before I can let you know.

The last 2 nights we've come to our room there have been people sitting on the floor at the end of the hallway. Kinda weird we thought until we realized they were on their computer. I guess the wifi doesn't work in their rooms so that explains the hallway hangout.

And this - we're up a bit! :beer:

14. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope your streak continues!

15. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not looking good golfguy. The lady at the desk was pretty sure it will be implemented for everyone starting March 1st. Not good news at all.

16. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also would like to know.

I don't know how it can be justified to charge a resort fee for an existing reservation.

17. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd suggest you call and ask. Or even better would be to email so you have a record of the response if the front desk screws up.

But if it wasn't in the terms and conditions of your original booking I don't think they CAN charge it.

18. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed and played there and would have considered doing so again. Scratch another off our list!

19. golfguy

golfguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to send an email and got this response:

We are going to start charging the resort fee for people booking the rooms from 03/1/13, since you already booked it you won’t be charged the resort fee.

Sooo... I guess I will be printing this off just in case they try to charge me.

20. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good news, we will be there 3/5-3/12, ressys made..........:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.