1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lost almost 10k in Express Comps? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by trig, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was sittin' on about 19k 2 or 3 weeks ago and next thing you know, I check this morning and I'm at an even 10k. Obviously I'll call my host later today and see what he knows, but I was wondering if any of you know whats up. I realize that NOIR is only allowed up to 10k now, but it would have been nice to know that they were erasing anything above the 10k I had already accumulated. I bet there are several people that lost a shyt-load more than me.

thanks in advance.

2. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh crap that sucks. You know as NOIR they top off the EC acct. at 10K now. I was told that no EC's would change during the 10-1 changes. But we know that's BS! Weird they would do it now. Let us know how that comes out Trig.

3. Hoowaa

Hoowaa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's what I think.....

They hired a new guy in IT that is actually capable.

1st was the new MLIFE site.

Next was a parsing through the database and implementing the caps they have been talking about over the past year. I imagine when the bean counters were finally able to run a report per MLIFE player they saw that the policy was not implemented.

4. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10,000 in express comps????? Holy hell that's not just a lot to lose but a lot to have! With the way you play I'd be surprised if they don't give them back to you. It would be extremely short sighted of them to piss of someone who runs $10,000 through their slots in a couple of spins sometimes!

5. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They took me from $39k EC to $10k. While I'm not surprised given how they have been handling eveything else, they stand to lose an incredible amount of my business if they don't reconcile this. That said, I doubt they do. At least there are other options.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah my host told me last year they were going to do this. so I blew most of my $20k ECs on a big trip last year to get me under the cap. it looks like they finally got around to doing it.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Jeez you guys have a shitload of ECs. Wasn't there some rate at which you could convert them to cash or at least freeplay? If so since you guys get everything comped out of your primary (or whatever) and don't touch your ECs why not just do that?

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, you can't and have never been able to convert ECs to cash or FP. that's only with CET you can do that.

9. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to me Shifter has a good host that would warn him to do that...

10. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can trade slot points for cash at Venetian. If I remember correctly you can get cash at half the rate it is worth, for instance if you have say 15,000 points that you can normally exchange for $25 in freeplay you can instead exchange the 15,000 points for $12.50 in cash. You have to do it it at Club Grazie.

Now a ques about the express comps. On the mlife site under mlife moments they have a barbeque on Mandalay Beach that is $12,000 in Express comps. If the limit is $10,000 how would anyone redeem for the BBQ mlife moment?

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a "new" limit as I understand it. Some people, like the OP had more.

Personally, knowing they were headed this way, I would have spent them on something, even if it meant buying dinner for strangers. Or round of drinks at bar, etc. Or one of those terribly overpriced "mlife moments".

I am sitting on $3000 and growing and worried about what might happen to them.

12. FJD

FJD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know what the cap is for Platinum?

EDIT--Just found this on MLife:

Express Comps earning is limited to $5,000.
    NOIR members may earn up to $10,000 in Express Comps.

Also found this:

Express Comps are the fastest and most convenient way for you to comp yourself at MGM Resorts International hotels, dining outlets, or entertainment venues. Express Comps can also be redeemed for select M life products, services, and M life Moments.

Anyone have any past examples of "select M life products"?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  13. FJD

FJD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How's this for a contradiction:

If you go into your MLife account and click on Explore M Life Moments and then do a sort by high price, you'll discover this:

The highest "M Life Moment" is $25,000 (Express Comps)...in fact, there are five M Life Moments priced higher than $10,000 right now:

Excalibur Private Show Thunder From Down Under: $25,000.
    Luxor Private Show Fantasy: $23,000.
    Aria Fashion Beauty & Dining Experience: $15,000.
    Mandalay Bay Private BBQ On The Beach: $15,000.
    Mandalay Bay Private Clam Bake On The Beach: $15,000.

14. dengland

dengland Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked from the Mlife app on the iPhone?

I wrote our host on Friday about going from ~$7,800 to $5,000. App showed the $7.8K, website showed the $5K. Host wrote back and said they were still there.

15. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently my EC are also still there, despite the website showing $10k exactly. The same thing happens when i put my card in a slot machine. It will show $10k regardless of the actual amount.

I'm turning 40 this summer and am brining a crowd to Vegas to celebrate and intended on using most of them spoiling my friends beyond imagination. Why not? Life's short, and apparently the shelf life of my express comps is even shorter :licklips:

16. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the snails pace that we earn them now it will be tough to hit those big numbers again. I think I got screwed on the earning rate last December. I still don't understand where my 40% comes in. If it does at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.