1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$750,000 Bellagio March Poker Invitational

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by sachmo, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sachmo

sachmo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Team,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten an offer from Bellagio for the $750,000 Bellagio March Poker Invitational. There doesn't seem to be much information about this tournament and I was wondering if anyone has ever participated in this type of tournament or will be participating in this years.

Sachmo

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes I got it and it's the same one every year. a ton of people and very fast blind structure, so it's a total crapshoot who wins. you have to get good hands and push all in have them hold up to do very well. technically it's winner take all, but a deal is always made at the final table so everybody gets something.

3. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting. I always assumed you couldn't make a deal at the final table so I didn't even bother to inquire.

Is there anywhere you can find a blind structure and more specific details?

4. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, but i've been in a lot of these tourneys and you can assume 15 minute blinds and they will nearly double each level. they want the poker tournament over as quickly as possible to get you back to the slots/tables. it's a total luckfest.

5. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you remember how many chips you start with and what the blinds start at? I'm sure it is a luckfest, just curious how much and for how long.

6. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's always different, but 10k chips and 50/100 blinds to start is pretty normal. but after the first hour they're already at 800/1600.

7. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excuse the stupid question gents but an invitational is purely by invite only? How do you come to gain an invite?

Do these "deals" just come up by someone making a passing comment on the final table when its down to let's say 4 players? I assume it's not as soon as the final table has its lucky seat members?

TY

8. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the invitational that I just won at the Wynn, the deal talk started happening when it got down to 4 players. I was the only one sort of against it since the 4th player had substantially less chips, but since I was 3rd in chips (by margin of 10% of so to 1st), the top two agreed to chop so we chopped 4 ways.

Then there's usually a deal as to whether we play to see who wins the trophy, or draw one hand. Since everybody had an appointment at the baccarat tables we drew one hand and I happened to win it.

The tournament still gives the chip amounts for 1-4 place, and then the players split it up...I wonder if people ever renege? Probably an oral contract kind of thing...

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard about a guy trying to renege one time in a big event where he agreed to chop, but ended up winning and tried to say he never agreed to chop. as I understand it he felt some "pressure" shall we say from some nefarious characters and he came through.

10. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks lads.

11. jacj2020

jacj2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reneging on a chop :grrr: would turn my gentlemenly demeanor nefarious!:wink2:

12. marktaylor

marktaylor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that was jamie gold in the 2006 wsop main event , he told crispin leyser that if he won hed give him 50% of the winnings and then went on to win $12 million first place prize , the bloke sued him and gold settled out of court for an undisclosed fee

13. bellwynn

bellwynn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just invited to the 1,000,000 bellagio poker invitaional(March 30,31) Anybody else goin? When is this 750,000 invite?

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got the 1M invite in the mail today. the 750k tourney is the 15-16 and this is 30-31. the 750k is a corporate event and this is a Bellagio event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.