1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Early check-in at Harrah's?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MichelleH, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know check-in at Harrah's isn't until 4 pm, but our flight will be getting there way before that. Can you do early check-in for a small (hope it's small) fee? Does anyone know how much it is? Thanks!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will allow you to check in for $15 or $20 bucks. They are the only CET hotel to ever charge me that fee on a room.

3. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An alternative to checking in early...

...is to just drop your bags off at the Bell Desk for a few hours (or more). No, you won't get access to your room and won't be checked in, but then again you won't be charged any early check-in fee.

The Bell Desk service is free-- but, of course, it's customary to tip the workers. Whether you tip $1 or $3 or $5 or more is up to you. Whether you tip when dropping off your bag(s) or when you pick them up is also up to you. (Heck, you don't have to tip at all, but that's not very nice.)

So, you get into town early (11am?), say there's two of you and you have a bag each... you pay $2 toke (tip) to the Bell Man to drop off your bags, and come back 6 hours later and pay another $2 toke to pick them up. The Bell Desk is happy to get the tokes, and your room is ready by then. Meanwhile, that's 6 hours you have to enjoy Vegas. Hopefully you won a jackpot by then and the $4 isn't too important to you.

On one of my trips to Harrah's a couple years ago, I did exactly that. Oh, minus the jackpot...

Hope this helps.

(One day I *WILL* get that jackpot! And I'll tip more than $4!)

4. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much! What a great idea! Tipping will be a lot better than paying a fee! :)

5. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our trip we had 2 nights comped at Caesar's, got there at 12:30pm,checked in and had to pay no early check in fee. Fast forward a couple days,we check into Harrah's on a 4 night comp. Checked in at 11:00am and was charged no early check in fee. My guess would be it all depends on who checks you in behind the counter.

6. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early check in before 4 pm is $25 for Harrahs. This was instituted sometime early last year around March/April.

7. Paulie_D

Paulie_D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made a reservation and the confirmation states $28 for early check-in.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most hotels have a 3 or 4pm "official" checkin time. In reality, most hotels will allow checkin way before that, even 8am - if they have rooms available. Big if.

But, recently, CET has figured they can get a bit more revenue by charging. So, chances are, you will get charged. If so, you then decide to pay, or just give bags to bellman.

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month

We checked in at 9AM & were not charged the early check in fee. She said since it was a low floor she wouldn't charge us (otherwise we would have checked our bag with the bellman)
    I'd try to check in but if they insist on the fee say you wait & check it.

10. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, (if the line to check in is short) just ask if you can check in. If they say yes (but for a fee) just tell them no thanks and go to the bell desk. Personally I have never had to pay an early check in fee even at 8 in the morning and my room has always been ready. It just never hurt's to smile, be nice and ask.

11. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Harrah's last year in late May/early June and checked in around 12:30 - 1:00 no early check in fee. I plan on arriving the same time this year so hopefully the same no early check in fee or I will also do the bell hop thing.

12. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses! OK, I will be very nice and see if we can check-in early...if not, going to the Bell Desk!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.