1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

your input on my hotel choice so far.

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by gerry53, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi everybody,

I have booked a first solo trip to vegas ( which I hope I don`t regret) for april 6-12th.

I booked plaza because we stayed there last summer and loved the pool.

I also booked a tower at el cortez where we really liked the room also just in case I change my mind on plaza.

I have sent them 2 emails asking if the pool will be open for my trip and can get no response.

my dear wife passed away so anybody here who will be there same time and wants to visit for some drinks and maybe a bite to eat let me know.

2. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the plaza has a slight edge in terms of the room and the pool.

but on a solo trip the Elco seems to be friendlier and easier to strike up conversations with people..

I'm going in three weeks and am staying at elco - but its not a solo trip...

not sure if this helps - just throwing it out there..

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

When staying downtown, those are usually my two choices. Since the Plaza remodel, I prefer those rooms over Tower in the El Co.
    Can't go wrong with either one.
    The way the pool operates at the Plaza, it likely to still be closed in early April.

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time, I am sure you will find plenty to do and lots of people to converse with! Nothing like the friendliness of DT! Ill miss you by about 3 says, too bad!

5. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will also miss you by two days on my solo trip. Very sorry to hear about your wife....

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont believe they heat that pool, could be wrong, but way to cold if they dont.

The fact they dont respond says alot.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do heat the pool at the Plaza....sometimes.... Before the remodel, it used to be open and heated year round, except for when they did maintenance in Jan or Feb. Now, I am not sure. I know for the first 6 months or so after they reopened, they did not heat it at all, then they started heating it. I have been in it when it was heated way to warm for my taste, and when it felt like they were pumping in water from the Arctic, so YMMV.

I am staying downtown April 27-30, and booked there hoping that the pool will be open. If it isnt open a week or so before my arrival date, I will jump ship and book somewhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.