1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

National Atomic Testing Museum

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by westie, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • $7 ($14 value) for museum admission and one vintage black-and-white postcard

PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 30, 2018

PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 20, 2013

http://tinyurl.com/arz3n9h

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Highly recomend it.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife had no interest but I spent probably two hours in the place.:thumbsup:

4. jon95616

jon95616 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How far is this from the Strip?

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ATM is about 2 miles east of the strip on Flamingo.

I loved my visit to the Museum. I've been there twice and spent about 2 1/2 or 3 hours each visit. My brother and I also took the day long tour to the Nevada Test Site in Mercury Nevada. It's free and worth the visit if you are interested in the subject and have more than a few days during your trip to Vegas. Ernie was a former worker at the test site (in the 50's), worked there back in the day, and was an excellent tour guide.

The one thing I would not do is pay the extra fee for the Area 51 exhibit. We thought it was cheesy and not worth the time or cost, something that a few 6th graders slapped up in an hour or two.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. chef

Viva,
    I did the test site tour a couple years ago and it remains one of the highlights of anything I've ever done in 50 or so trips to Vegas.

7. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same opinion. My brother wasn't as interested before the tour, but he really enjoyed the day and also highly recommends it to others. We booked the next tour available (several months out - they fill up quick). Anyone interested or even semi-interested should try to register for a future tour and make the Vegas dates work.

My recent trips to Vegas have been hitting National & State Parks for several days and hitting Vegas for a night or two on arrival / before departure. I like the taste of Vegas without any pressure to gamble and the ability to try different hotels. Sometimes I'll gamble more than I expected to going in, but it is only because I am winning / staying around even and having a good time.

I'm under a self imposed austerity program in 2013, but will hopefully head back West and to Vegas late in 2013 or likely 2014.

Hope all is well. :beer:

8. chef

Yes, all is well on my end. Right in the midst of covering a few IHSA regional basketball games in these here parts and get ready to put on the pole vault coaching hat for track season.

9. Viva Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent. There weren't many places offering pole vaulting in Chicago (either in the 1970s or today).

I hope you enjoy March Madness and the upcoming track season. I'll be watching downstate MM at home.

10. chef

Same here. I have yet to make the trip to Peoria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.