1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When a friend flakes/bails on your vegas trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jameezy, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so a month ago me and a friend set up a plan for Vegas March 6th - 11th. Everything is going fine. I get my flight booked and I get the hotel booked. We have been staying in touch weekly setting up plans and what not. Were both Vegas vets so no show tickets or anything like that was bought. Today I hit my friend up asking him if he has his flight together yet. He tells me that he's not sure if he's going to go now. His girlfriend want's him to use the money on some other things. What the HELL!!:grrr: Though he says he is still gonna try to go....At this point I'm hopeless that he will go. If you are willing to let a girlfriend block a trip you have been planning for a month then I don't have much hope for you. I would put the chances of him coming at about 35% right now.

This is such BS since the only reason the trip is the 6th -11th(wednesday-monday) instead of 8-11th(friday-monday) is so he could get a cheaper flight out of Texas to Vegas. I agreed since it would only be fair since flying out of Stockton, California is dirt cheap. I seriously just can not believe this happened. We set up a trip together the first time October 18-22nd last year and it was flawlessly planned. I thought for sure everything would just go smooth again. What really irritates me the most is that my trip with a buddy just turned into a solo trip. I mean I have a friend who lives in Vegas who I always hit up but he works doing the week and can only hang out Friday and Saturday. Plus he drinks but not a super huge party guy.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm a Vegas vet and fanatic and will still find ways to have fun, but would have been nice to just have memories with someone I know and everything. Luckily Vegas is just one of those cities where it's easy to meet people. I'm just trying to pick up the pieces and figure out what I'm gonna do now. I'm still hoping he comes through for me. I let him know today that I am gonna need him to come through. Funny thing is he asked me if I was planning any trips later on after March so we could plan....are you kidding me lol after this move you just pulled....PLEASE!!:nono:

Thanks for letting me rant guys. Luckily this thread exist or I would have no other way of letting this frustration out haha.

2. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats the right attitude

Same thing happened to me. I went solo, and it was my best trip ever. Met a lot of cool people; did what I want, when I wanted. Finally got to visit the pinball hall of fame. looking forward to your trip report.

oh yeah, I'm not a hockey fan. but I caught a Stockton Thunder game about a year ago. All I have to say is Garett Hunt is the man.

3. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha thanks for the encouragement. This is gonna be a hell of a trip report. Love the Stockton Thunder! Only hockey games I've ever seen. :beer:

4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I NEVER count on anyone who says they are going to Vegas with me. We might plan it well in advance, have everything booked, and then they all the sudden cant go for some stupid reason. Its happened to me a few different times. I am used to people backing out of Vegas. So, I always plan to go by myself, if you want to come, come on, but I am not counting on anyone else. I assume folks will back out after begging to go to Vegas with me, that way its sort of surprise when they actually nut up and show up at the airport.

5. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup this is the attitude I need to start taking. If this possible solo trip goes well then I will just plan solo from now on. Those that wanna go can go but this might be my last time planning with someone.

6. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sucks, i know how you feel. a few years ago my friend bailed on our vegas trip 2 days before it(flight and room were obv. booked). He said he couldnt get off work but his girlfriend telling him not to go was the real reason. Luckily I had a group of friends already out there so my trip wasnt full solo. But I have to say, I think I still would have had fun even if I was solo.

I am booked for vegas in 3 weeks with that same friend and I told him I dont believe hes actually going until I see him on the plane.

Enjoy your trip!

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Wow ?
    It has to be THE GIRLFRIEND !
    What guy wouldn't figure out a way to go to Vegas -
    with a buddy .
    In 20+ years of Vegas.....never happenned to me.
    But I've had MANY great solo trips !
    Hey......its' VEGAS !!...in a couple weeks !:thumbsup:

8. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a blessing in disguise. You will probably love the freedom of solo - even on the weekend. Once I had my first solo I even get a little annoyed when other join.

I do understand the disappointment - not just in the trip, but in your friend. That's what's sad. I had a trip to Europe set with a friend when I was younger. I spent time and money learning conversational French and the whole 9. She backs out on the last day before the deposit was due. Rat. I eventually went a few years later with another friend and had a blast. The person who backed out would not have been 1/2 the fun as I one I went with so it all worked out.

Just like a line I heard in a movie. "It always works out in the end. If it doesn't work out, it's not the end yet."

9. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what's lamer: the girlfriend telling him not to go, or the guy for obviously making these plans without running it past the girlfriend in the first place. So many dysfunctional couples out there. :rolleyes2:

I hope you have a great time regardless!

10. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldnt be mad at him, he's looking at a life sentence of demands from that woman, you should feel sorry for him. Going solo in vegas can be total freedom for alot of people.

11. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love going to vegas solo. You can do what you want when you want to do it.

There are plenty of people to talk to as well. You should have a great time.

12. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much guys for all the encouragement. You guys are actually making me look forward to this trip a lot more now. Love the quote "It always works out in the end. If it doesn't work out, it's not the end yet." Really getting me pumped up! With or without him I plan on having the best trip of my life.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Just keep texting him photos of yourself surrounded by strippers and blow and stacks of cash. He'll never back out of a trip again.

14. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't feel sorry for him at all - that is a voluntary life sentence.

15. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha funny story. I went to Vegas one time with other friends and when he saw the pictures I posted on facebook he was so jealous haha. He told me straight up. That's when we planned that October trip lol. I plan on doing the same thing this time haha. :evillaugh

16. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly my attitude. Unless it's a really, really special occasion where there's a group involved, I generally just let my friends know when I'm going and and then book my flight. If anyone wants to meet me out there for all or part of the trip, great; if not, I'm just as happy going solo.

17. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas solo is a little different than with a buddy or an SO, but it's still a hell of a good time. You can do what you want, without waiting for anyone, negotiating with anyone, or sitting through anything you don't want to do. If you are a Vegas vet, as you say, there's probably a list in your head of things you want to do in Vegas, but haven't yet. On a solo trip you can start ticking away at those boxes!

So you might not spend you trip with a guy who is proably going to spend half the trip checking in with his girlfriend, and thanks to his flight plans, you have two extra days in Vegas. I think you'll be okay. ;)

18. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well prob been worse if he showed up and said his gf took his wallet then you prob have to spend your Vegas money helping him...

Solo you will enjoy it..Don't have to wait for this rat to get out of bed or babysit this canoli...Have fun hope ya win bigger amounts now so you can show him hey could've been you

:beer::beer::beer:

19. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha thanks guys. Already got a list of things I'm planning on doing. He is gonna be pissed if I win big out there.

20. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something tells me your buddy is "P-Whipped". If he was to go on the trip with you he would most
    likely spend all his time on the phone arguing w/the girlfriend. You're better off going alone! Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.