1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

the quad ...quick question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by lucky13, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    o.k. there has been a few threads about the safety of the quad , not to start another argument but, do the rooms have a safety measure so that no one can enter ? as in a deadbolt or a lock that will prevent the door from being opened with just a key ?
    there were a few statements that people got robbed as they slept , but if they had locked the door from inside the room , i would think the door would almost have to be broken down to acess rooom certainly you would hear that ...
    i will be there next month but am considering booking another hotel for safety reasons
    yes i have stayed there before a few times and all was well but i really do not remember if i could lock myself in the room , short of putting a chair up against the door knob
    i guess the older i get the more worried i get .....

2. meriem

meriem Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes there is a safety mechanism to lock the door from the inside.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in Nov. and yes, there are safety locks. As far as booking another Hotel for safety reasons, well, the Imperial Palace/Quad is one of the safest Hotels on the Strip and has been for many years. Just ask anyone who works or lives in Vegas. People like to put down Imperial Palace/Quad for various reasons, but the reality is this Hotel statistically is one of the safest in Las Vegas.
    Obviously just be aware of your surroundings, which applies to ANY Hotel. Enjoy your stay.

4. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thugs will target almost all of the other places on the strip before IPQ. Like THEHotel... Following the cash flow.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its in the middle of a construction zone plus you are worried about your personal safety.

Does the cheap pprice make up for these factors?

Their rooms are not broken into anymore then other properties but why put yourself through it to save a few bucks?

Ballys is just down the street.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the quad in 2 weeks so I will report back on the safety issue. I remember that there was a locking deadbolt on the door the last time I stayed there.

I never had any problems and never felt that safety was an issue (when it was the IP) there but with the changeover you never know.

As a security precaution I will probably put something in front of the door just in case but I really don't think that safety is any more of an issue there than at other strip hotels. Now the condition of the rooms and hotel compared to other strip hotels might be more of an issue to many others but for the cheap price I got for my stay I don't mind putting up with the quad. For nascar weekend it would cost 50% to 100% or more to stay elsewhere, the quad is just fine IMHO.

7. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can stay at an inexpensive place like the Quad and risk getting robbed or at an expensive place like THEhotel and risk getting stabbed in the elevator -- at least according to the hysterics around here.

8. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going to cancel my reservations and stay at Hilton Grand Vacations where there is a gate around the place. :poke::poke:

9. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better hold off. I'm sure someone will dig up news of some crime that happened there too. Your best bet is to book a bomb shelter somewhere in the desert. With all the atomic testing done in Nevada I'm sure there are plenty available.:beer:

10. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear bomb shelters don't charge a resort fee........now that's the BOMB!

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to "put it down" cause, in my opinion, the place is a dump... pure and simple.

13. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One man's dump is another man's (Imperial) Palace

14. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the Lone Ranger would say..........."to the Dump, to the Dump, to the Dump, Dump, Dump".

15. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never had any safety fears.
    I do fear standing in a three hour line to check in. Could you keep you eye peeled on that issue as well and see if recent improvements include shorter check in times?

16. vegas*baby

vegas*baby Guest

I'e stayed there and never felt unsafe. I don't think I have ever felt unsafe anywhere on the strip.

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey dewey, any suggestions on checkin? time to go? can I check in prior to 3 pm? Better to check in after a certain time?

Now you are making me concerned as I heard about long lines at check in.

18. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ahh, so the city literally dumps their garbage there. :) Their budget for air fresheners must be massive.

19. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the catch. If you wait until late to check in, you end up with the noisy rooms over the music that goes on into the morning. Still, I like being on the strip for part of my trip, so I'll probably do it again unless the resort fee pushes me off the price. I like being able to walk over and use the Caesar's pool. That is a draw. Here is what happened to me on my last visit.

http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-stays-at-imperial-palace.html

I am hoping when you come back, you'll tell me that the long lines are no longer there. That to me seemed more in need of renovation than whether the entry had pizzazz or not. Maybe they figured that out as well.

20. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In approximately 44 days, I'll be checking in at prime time, 4pm in the afternoon. Last time when we checked in at 10pm, we had an extremely long wait, but that was on a Friday night. This time we are checking in on a Sunday, but during the broadcasters convention. (although maybe not so many broadcasters stay at the IPQuad) I shall report back after my trip as well.

For the OP, in my last stay there, I felt completely safe, by myself or with others, in the room or walking the halls. Most guests at the IPQuad are like me, harmless, cheap, and looking for a good deal. You can lock your room when you are in it, so it should NOT get broken into. :peace:

Good Luck!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.