1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which room to request @ Rio

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Loonar, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who are familiar with the rooms at the Rio, what would you specifically ask for at check in? Room is fully comped. Certain tower, certain room type? Corner room? Any help is appreciated

2. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too would like to hear some answers..we have a comped room 3/2 - 8 there..I just got a confirmation email from the RIO to upgrade to high floor, strip view for $10 per day..was passing on that offer, but will make a room request when we check in if possible. This is our first time at this hotel so I have no idea what is good..specifically which tower to request..

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, please! I'm staying there simply because it was really cheap. I've read some reviews online since booking that says a lot of the rooms are dumpy. I thought it was supposed to be really nice?

4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the Rio many times (including this May) and I have always followed GREGRIO's advice: Ask for a room in the Ipanima Tower, 10th floor or higher, POOL/STRIP view (Premium Room)... I don't have pics of the room or views but I'm sure many are posted on Google...

Annual Golf Trip
  5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poputrio - we will be at Rio March 2 - 5. I've only stayed there once but think we may have gotten an upgrade. Room was very nice and fairly high up but I don't remember which tower. This trip I will ask for the Impanema tower.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be at RIO in May. Never stayed there, always on the Strip. I don't want to pay an extra $50, so i will probably NOT get the Ipanima Tower, and i don't really care about a Strip view, but i am hoping for a higher room. My question is my stay at RIO is no resort fee because i booked before March 1st, however, what about the Pool........do i still get use of the pool? Or will i have to pay.?

7. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize they were charging resort fees. Is that new?

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, book before March 1st if you can. I'm booked for May at RIO and Nov. i'm booked at Bally's. The main thread is in the Strip Hotels thread.
    My timer is for the last remaining days till the end of the world as we know it.....LOL.

9. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. I have flights for five Vegas trips so far this year and hotels for some of them. Just need to get them finished. The CET rooms are comped but I am deciding whether to be downtown for cinco de mayo and halloween.

So we don't know if we get the rooms comped whether the resort fees still apply?

I can't believe they have succumbed to the resort fee tactic. I just checked reservations and see there is a line for fees now when you go to book.

10. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, SandsFan...only suggestion for towers I've seen is for the Impanema..guess they are the most updated...since we want to check in early, we may not get a complementary upgrade..

11. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well good luck with the early check in.

Just realized I have premium suite comped already so probably good as it gets. My son is coming out so I was trying to get 2 queen beds. Maybe best to tell him to sleep on the couch and not jeopardize what I have. Besides, I am not one to spend too much time in the room.....no gambling there.

I arrive at 8:50 AM but need to stop downtown, pick up my son, go to Ballys to check in for some Game event that night and then over to M Resort to try and check in for a VP tournament. Also, we have free buffet coupon to use. Probably won't get back to Rio until afternoon or evening.

What is your game of choice. Maybe we could meet up Sunday for a drink, some gaming play or just to say hi.

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's standard, IPANEMA tower, mountain view. The standard in masquarade tower is so dated. And the pool view is too loud during pool season. Otherwise the view does not matter.

13. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my room for one and now a friend has decided to join me. Are we going to get hit with an extra charge when checking in?

14. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from four nights. Had booked the lowest price available at $39 nightly for Thursday-Monday. Slipped the desk agent a $20 and got a renovated room in Ipanema tower, floor 16, strip view. Brought my own Keurig cups and had an excellent stay!

15. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If any of you are diamond make sure they put you on the diamond floors. Ipemina tower floors 18-20.

The rooms are newer but if you're going to have someone sleep on the couch the couches in the masquerade tower have larger "L" shaped couch in those rooms.

16. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I posted the original question, I figured I might as well let you know where we ended up....in the Masquerade tower on floor 36 (diamond floor). We requested a king/smoking and there wasn't one available in the Ipanema tower at checkin. Our view is pool/mountain. There is a keurig coffee maker in the room, with 2 pods, and no mention of purchasing coffee (so I'll assume complimentary?). We bring our coffee maker and supplies so I'm only mentioning it for others looking for Rio info. In my opinion, the walk to the Masquerade elevators is really no big deal. Girl at checkin said they've updated many of the rooms in this tower.

17. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SandsFan..will be around hotel off and on...gonna go to Voodoo Sat or Sun nt..I"ll check back here to let you know if we can meet for a drink or [email protected] you tip the $20 with a complimentary upgrade request or is this where they assigned you?

18. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, no tip....just where we got put.

19. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Help me out here about which tower to request. We stayed one night in Oct at Rio in the Masquerade Tower and loved it. We're comp booked there in a few weeks and assumed the Masquerade Tower was the nicer of the two. After reading this thread, many of you indicate the Ipenema Tower has nicer rooms. Not having been in Ipenema rooms, are there any difference between the two?

We're staying midweek for 3 nights and I may just pay for the upgrade to a Masquerade Suite, makes DW happy.

20. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are in the Rio now...had 5 of 6 night stay comped...gave the desk clerk $20 at check in and asked for complimentary upgrade if one was available...we were also checking in at 1pm (3 hrs early). We got Ipanema tower, 14th floor..and it is a corner room so we have 2 walls of floor to ceiling windows..one is mountain view and the other strip view...it is also renovated which is the only request I actually made...the room is very nice with furniture showing a little wear...went to walmart for keurig cups so we were set...there was also no check in early fee applied...the room is very clean as well...I can't remark on the other tower since I haven't been there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.